RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just remember sometimes when I was about 20 I had a Yamaha RD 400, and it was so light and fun
to drive. Would I regret going to the 300 on the highway? Do you have to rev it high for good acceleration?
Thanks.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
I can't tell you how you will feel about it.

If Kawasaki would have brought the naked 300 to the states, I would own it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't tell you how you will feel about it.

If Kawasaki would have brought the naked 300 to the states, I would own it.
Why don't you like the Ninja 300 with the fairing? Is it because the 300 fairing buzzes and rattles like the 650R?
I can't understand why the Kawasaki engineers didn't address this problem from the get-go? That's the only
thing I don't like about my 2007 650R, and it does bug me.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I went from a 650 to a ZX6R, and then to a Yamaha R3. Was kind of hesitant at first, and felt underpowered at first, along with very weak braking (in the bikes defense, it only had 94 miles on it when I bought it and the pads/rotors were not even bedded in yet) but I got used to how the bike rode. While it wasnt like the 6R where you could roll on and after around 14k the bike just wanted to fly, I still very much enjoyed that little R3. I took it to a couple of canyon runs and trackdays and liked it much more than the previous bigger bikes. I will also mention that when I Was looking for a smaller bike to replace the ZX6R, the N300 was a consideration, but when I swapped out with someone on a random canyon ride, I didnt like the N300 all that much. In that bike's defense, I only rode it for about 45 minutes. Either way, I feel the R3 has slightly more grunt that you can actually feel, not just because its on paper.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Why don't you like the Ninja 300 with the fairing? Is it because the 300 fairing buzzes and rattles like the 650R?
I can't understand why the Kawasaki engineers didn't address this problem from the get-go? That's the only
thing I don't like about my 2007 650R, and it does bug me.
Wanted to easily carry it in my truck, and the easier maintenance not having the plastics. Ended up with the FZ-07. 400lbs wet. Naked. FUN!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wanted to easily carry it in my truck, and the easier maintenance not having the plastics. Ended up with the FZ-07. 400lbs wet. Naked. FUN!
That's very interesting because I've thinking of trading my 650R for the FZ-07. A lot of people compare the FZ-07 to two stroke RD 350s back in the 80s which were a blast to ride. There is a brand new white 2015 FZ-07 for sale just up the road from me at a dealer. I can get it for $800 less than the 2016 price. I'll have to think about it some more. 100_0810.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts