RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aftering crashing, my mentality on gear has severely changed (for the better).

Being that schooled started for me about a week ago I've seen various bikes outside my campus. Not until today did I really realize how many of them are owned by squidly people. Today I had to go back and forth to school twice; this is what led to me realizing this as I waited on the bus stop.

The first guy I saw was in a tanktop and plaid shorts standing up on his pegs flooring in front of the campus entrance to the next block. Another guy in tshirt and shorts was on his busa revving for no reason while riding. The last and my favorite one had basketball shorts and a wifebeater with his helmet half on showing his face on his R1. He was riding on the bicycle lane cutting cars up in HEAVY traffic. There were about 6 busses on the road at the time because people were double parking so everything was stuck/ creeping slowly.

So basically, am I a bad person that I would not give two shats if these people got injured during their silly antics? Like if someone was riding normally (even if they didn't wear the proper attire) and got into an acident I would feel bad for them and not just walk away.

·
Registered
343 Posts
man I totally agree with you. I could get a **** less what happens to some moron that doesn't respect their bike. If you really respect your bike, it means you fear it, and what it can do to you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
No don't feel bad I see it around my campus all the time and I think the same thing to myself. They are only asking for it riding like that so no you aren't a bad person.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Aftering crashing, my mentality on gear has severely changed (for the better).

Being that schooled started for me about a week ago I've seen various bikes outside my campus. Not until today did I really realize how many of them are owned by squidly people. Today I had to go back and forth to school twice; this is what led to me realizing this as I waited on the bus stop.

The first guy I saw was in a tanktop and plaid shorts standing up on his pegs flooring in front of the campus entrance to the next block. Another guy in tshirt and shorts was on his busa revving for no reason while riding. The last and my favorite one had basketball shorts and a wifebeater with his helmet half on showing his face on his R1. He was riding on the bicycle lane cutting cars up in HEAVY traffic. There were about 6 busses on the road at the time because people were double parking so everything was stuck/ creeping slowly.

So basically, am I a bad person that I would not give two shats if these people got injured during their silly antics? Like if someone was riding normally (even if they didn't wear the proper attire) and got into an acident I would feel bad for them and not just walk away.
Well, some body can say same thing about all of us, that we are ride motorcycles, we invite trouble on ourselves, I have heard that quite often. If they want to have fun that way, let them, why should it bother us, that they are not doing things in our approved way. Live and let live.
BTW, I do not do such things. But all of us have right to do things that we want with our lives, though others may not agree.:withs:

·
Registered
72 Posts
man I totally agree with you. I could get a f*** less what happens to some moron that doesn't respect their bike. If you really respect your bike, it means you fear it, and what it can do to you.
But why should other people live their lives in our approved way. We riders certainly do not.
Deepak:alcy:

·
Registered
70 Posts
not giving 'two shats if these people got injured' doesnt make you a 'good' or 'bad' person. it just sort of removes you from the equation. if you dont care, if youre apathetic, then you cant really help out.

i believe that we should do what we can to help others be safe. i mean, its frustrating to me that people ride like that, but that wont keep me from pulling over to help someone out if he went down in flipflops and a tanktop. i think this 'screw em/they deserve it' attitude can be harmful in its own way, just like i think that the 'let others ride how they want to ride' attitude can also cause problems. the challenge is how to properly and effectively encourage good riding habits.

·
Registered
414 Posts
not giving 'two shats if these people got injured' doesnt make you a 'good' or 'bad' person. it just sort of removes you from the equation. if you dont care, if youre apathetic, then you cant really help out.

i believe that we should do what we can to help others be safe. i mean, its frustrating to me that people ride like that, but that wont keep me from pulling over to help someone out if he went down in flipflops and a tanktop. i think this 'screw em/they deserve it' attitude can be harmful in its own way, just like i think that the 'let others ride how they want to ride' attitude can also cause problems. the challenge is how to properly and effectively encourage good riding habits.
:alcy:
Well said.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
well, when the squids go down and need medical attention I bet they would sure LOVE us to come help them out!

Funny how there's just no way to help them out BEFORE they hurt themselves without sounding like a holier than thou...

I guess the best thing is to pay for their life insurance policy with you listed as the beneficiary!

·
Registered
516 Posts

:ithank: In Wisconsin there is currently talks about "attempting" to educate riders why accidents happen and how to prevent/reduce them. It's either that or have a "mandatory helmet law" take effect. Personally, I wished we had a "mandatory motor vehicle re-test" every 2 years...hehe. Maybe all 50 states needs to re-educate ALL motor vehicle drivers at some point.

·
Registered
540 Posts
+1 on re-tests. Maybe not that often but the idea is a good one.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think I'd like to be the person who offers to help but be the first to ask the dumba$$ "where's your gear?". :glassesti

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
what nabber21 said.

i'm not sure how to verify this, but i believe in california if you witness an accident or are first to arrive at an accident scene, the law requires you to stop and at least call 911, and perhaps attempt to render initial aid.

·
Registered
18 Posts
if they get into accident, your intention in telling them to gear up always has already been done.

experience is the best teacher.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Of course we should help our fellow human being every time, without any hesitation. After a crash or spill, they are already feeling bad, we do not want to make it worse.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Squid or no squid, i would pull over and help them out. I know the feeling of laying your bike down, and it is anything but pleasent. I know i was in shock that it happened, and i was very grateful for the people who stopped to help me, whether check if i was okay or help me lift the bike back up.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
i hate people who rev bikes for no reason. Sport bikes and harleys. Harley people are the worst when idling at a stop light. does your bike stall so much you have to rev it every 10 seconds.

Oh yea busa's are ugly. HAve a nice day...

·
Registered
18 Posts
i hate people who rev bikes for no reason. Sport bikes and harleys. Harley people are the worst when idling at a stop light. does your bike stall so much you have to rev it every 10 seconds.

Oh yea busa's are ugly. HAve a nice day...
I totally agree there is no point in continuously revving your damn bike, you honestly don't look any better when you do it, in my opinion you look like more of a dumba$$

·
Registered
72 Posts
But it is no reason, not to help someone, or get pleasure out of somebody's pain or loss, wrong though they may be. We riders do lot of things, that cagers consider wrong. Just today at gas station, a nice old lady chided me for being on motorcycle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts