RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.facebook.com/TourDeMissouri-116447868428201/

Looking for an excuse to ride?

Here's your opportunity... The Tour De MO Ride Challenge is designed to get you out on your motorcycle and visit areas you otherwise might not take the time to see.

The objective is to locate as many of the 30 categories as possible between the beginning of the riding season and Labor Day. Some categories have a specific item that must be found, and other have multiple possibilities. You must locate at least 15 categories to meet the challenge and qualify for the patch. If you have earned your patch in previous years, you will receive a Silver Star patch for completing at least 15 of the 30 categories. If you complete the complete challenge (30 categories) you will receive a Gold Star. The Top Challenger will be recognized at an event held in the Fall for all participants.

Rules:
1. You must ride to the location
2. A photograph of the item is required.
3. The photo must include either your bike or yourself (in riding gear) with the item. In some cases if neither is possible, the picture may include just your helmet)
4. Pictures must be submitted to [email protected] no later than midnight Labor Day.
Each photo must be titled with your name and category number. If more than one photo is being submitted in a category, then label with a, b, c, etc
5. Please submit photos of items as you acquire them, not all at once in the end. This makes it easier for the score keeper to tally points prior to announcing results.
6. Photo's received will be posted on the Tour De Missouri Facebook page. Please "Like" the page on FB and follow the progress of others.
7. Couples can compete together
8. Questions can be sent to [email protected]
9. Have fun and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Great idea! Wish I was in MO.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Canada isnt THAT far away. Plan your vacation, come to MO... get 15 items and then head back!

·
Registered
703 Posts
All over Missouri or just concentrated around St. Louis?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all over MO. I am in KC and most of the group is based on or near Whiteman AFB. There are items from Joplin, the boot heel etc. The list should be posted in about 2 weeks (trying to get some sponsorship to help cover patch costs).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice! I am in KCMO. Is this strictly on FB or can we post stuff here? Only ask because I do not have an account on FB (disabled years ago). I don't see the list of places here..... would be great if access doesn't require FB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts