RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So even though you won't find individual pod type filters at K&N for the 7(s), would they do any good? They are the only real difference between a Stage 1 and Stage 3 jet kit. Finding some to fit should not be difficult, I am just curious if the price is worth it. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Ethan

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Do you mean the ones that attach to the back of the carbs individually with a hose type clamp? UNI made them as a universal type for just about any application. Use to see 'em alot in the 70's and early 80's. There was a paper type element and a foam element.

They shouldn't be too hard to find.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pod filters will flow more air and require larger main jets. Not sure about the ZR-7 but the ZRX also neeeds a crankcase filter (since it used be filtered by the airbox) and blockoff plates.

john
ZRXOA

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm hoping this winters project will entail doing the individual filters, I know the open element hypercharger on my Vulcan made one hell of a difference and I think it will be a pretty noticable difference on the ZR too. I need to find a way to make the days last longer so I have time to do everything :( when I do do it I will list down all part numbers used and a little how-to on Jarel's site.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Move to So. California.:cool:

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Individual K&N filters have a big problem in the rain. They quickly get clogged up with water and the engine will stop running.

I guess you could put a box around them. :D

Andy

·
Registered
286 Posts
rain?

Yet another reason to move to SoCal. Even the most poorly maintained pod filters can withstand the whopping 14 days of rain we get here. :)

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Move to So. California

1 - 9 of 9 Posts