RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just recently got my new 650r bike (again). I am looking levers upgrade but the only ones I see when I google 650r levers are the Pazzo levers. Are there any other very similar levers without the high cost? This is for the 2009 model.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
eBay knockoffs of the Pazzos. I've heard most of them are pretty good for the money.

·
Registered
586 Posts
i just bought the real deal...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Anyone know where to get any of these besides ebay? I'm having massive troubles with paypal and my bank and would rather just pay with my credit card. I cant justify spending 3 times the price for the pazzo brand name, when they function no better than the ct motor ones.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Anyone know where to get any of these besides ebay? I'm having massive troubles with paypal and my bank and would rather just pay with my credit card. I cant justify spending 3 times the price for the pazzo brand name, when they function no better than the ct motor ones.
Most eBay stores will accept a credit card through PayPal without using a PayPal account. You could do that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm just nervous about purchasing from hong kong with my credit card. I'm going to call ninja650shop in a bit, I made a large purchase yesterday, and if they give me a retroactive discount on the parts I purchased I'll have enough money to just get the pazzo set from them. Hopefully it works out!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sellers on Ebay aren't processing your credit cards in house. I believe they use PayPal to process the transaction which is about the same as buying from any brick and mortar shop or other sites. The transaction is always processed by a third party processing company (in this case...PayPal). I could be completely wrong as I haven't purchased anything from Ebay yet but I may be making my first purchase soon if I can find a Pazzo knockoff for my 2009 650R.

Personally, I can't justified paying $179.99 for a pair that may break due to any number of silly and unfortunate event. I can just see myself smiling happily riding down the road, come to a stop, unexpectedly step on an oil slick and down goes the bike. Now I have to get replacements levers for another $179.99 is simply not an option for me. I know that some riders make six figures but this poor IT guy can't afford that.

So does anyone have links to ebay listings that will work on a 2009 650r?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I hear you, I want the pazzo levers but at over triple the price its a hard sell. If I can work out a deal with the shop, it might become a reality.

Edit: Thats a big negative. Looks like ebay knock off's it is for me.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've actually found better deals than that. One was selling sets for $46.99 shipped to the US. Try searching the words "ninja 650r levers"
and it should bring up a list of at least 20+ listings of them from different resellers.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've actually found better deals than that. One was selling sets for $46.99 shipped to the US. Try searching the words "ninja 650r levers"
and it should bring up a list of at least 20+ listings of them from different resellers.
I can't find anything for a 2009 though....just not finding it....argggg.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the levers should be the same for both first and second gen 650's. This is what I was told by a local shop, and a reseller on ebay.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just bought a set of Ebay levers for my '07. You can't beat the price compared to the Pazzos :Wow1:, we'll see what they look like when I get them.
I'll post back here when they show up in 2-3 weeks. :yawn:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just bought a set of Ebay levers for my '07. You can't beat the price compared to the Pazzos :Wow1:, we'll see what they look like when I get them.
I'll post back here when they show up in 2-3 weeks. :yawn:
Please update when you receive the levers. I was tired last night when I made my orders and now I see that the brake lever is for an 06-08 model. Funny how a "9" last night at 2AM is now clearly an "8"...rofl.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My new levers came today so it was time to head out to the garage to get 'em installed. First off, they look real nice! Finish is nice and smooth with nice anodizing. The adjustment levers are much nicer to use than the dumb little turn knobs on the stock levers. I got standard length clutch and shorty brake levers. The shorty is a great length for 2-finger braking and the standard lets me use all 4 fingers for holding the clutch.

First I installed the brake lever. Piece of cake, maybe all of 3 minutes to remove the old lever and install the new one. Remove the nut from underneath, unscrew the bolt from above and reverse to install.

The clutch lever is a bit tougher install. I had to remove the nut from underneath and instead of un-screwing the bolt, it just pops out from above. Pull the lever to the side, twist it upside down and pop out the cable.
The problem I came across was the hole size for the bolt. The factory lever has a bushing that unfortunately does not fit the new clutch lever. The new clutch lever does not come with any bushing whatsoever. So I'll have to go out and find a bushing to fit. Sadly, even the bushing used in the factory lever leaves a LOT of play, which explains why the clutch lever wobbles around so loosely. So, i will have to go out and find a new bushing that fits the hole in the new lever but also fits the size of the bolt more snugly to take up some of the slop.

So, for now I'd say I'm happy with the new levers. Nice quality machining, nice anodozing, and for the price....a steal! Stay tuned, I'll post back again once I get the bushing problem solved and post about how they work.

*UPDATE*
I ended up removing the bushing from the old brake lever and using it in the new clutch lever. A perfrect fit. I'm thinking that the old bushing in my old clutch lever was just worn causing the excess play.
Anyway, both levers are installed and they work great. I might end up buying a shorty clutch lever after using the shorty brake lever, the standard size clutch lever just seems to feel longer than it needs to be. I'll wait a few days and see how they feel once I get adjusted to them.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
stilling waiting for mine from hongkong. 46 dollars with free shipping. ill take picture when I get them. i got both shorty levers

·
Registered
169 Posts
Got mine installed yesterday, easy as pie and a 100% improvement over stock. I have no play in my clutch lever, and if anything it feels like it sits in the perch better than the factory levers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
argh! I would love some slow motion video, but pics would be adequate. Help a dude out, I'm pining here.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts