RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so I have an abs light staying on on my 2014 n1k and I follow the manual to diagnose the problem. Ground the Gray wire under the seat and watch the flashy abs light tell me I have a code 35. Something with the abs motor relay or blah blah blah. First step is to check fuse and reset abs code but for some reason my bike does not want to reset. I follow the instructions in the service manual of entering the diagnostic mode again and then pulling off ground and back on for at least 3, 1 second groundings in 12.5 seconds but I never get the abs light to flash and say that the code is reset... I tried this like 10 times and nothing... I have no idea what else to do so any help with a video link or description would be awesome. I am about to ride the dang bike into a wall I'm so frustrated!! I can post a video of how I'm doing it as well so you can laugh/judge my inability to count to 3 if that helps the cause... I

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so I have an abs light staying on on my 2014 n1k and I follow the manual to diagnose the problem. Ground the Grey wire under the seat and watch the flashy abs light tell me I have a code 35. Something with the abs motor relay or blah blah blah. First step is to check fuse and reset abs code but for some reason my bike does not want to reset. I follow the instructions in the service manual of entering the diagnostic mode again and then pulling off ground and back on for at least 3, 1 second groundings in 12.5 seconds but I never get the abs light to flash and say that the code is reset... I tried this like 10 times and nothing... I have no idea what else to do so any help with a video link or description would be awesome. I am about to ride the dang bike into a wall I'm so frustrated!! I can post a video of how I'm doing it as well so you can laugh/judge my inability to count to 3 if that helps the cause...

Thanks!
These are the pages in the service manual I'm talking about. Screenshot_20190407-055603_Drive.jpg Screenshot_20190407-055712_Drive.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Has the initial problem with your ABS been resolved? I would surmise the code will continue coming up until the problem is fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts