·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a wreck.

Completely totaled.

Washed out.

Ruined.

I knew there was a danger, yet I didn't really see it coming. Not like this, anyway.

It's gonna take a while to put it back together again.

Still, any wreck you can walk away from...

Colorado 62, Nebraska 36. :mecry:

P.S. Jarel, you OK??

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
My condolences to you Husker fans. It'll get better Jarel!? Easy for me to say, right? Any ways, I'm a Vikings fan since the days of Fran Tarkenton and even Joe Kapp.....I go way back, so I know your disappointment. Oh well, it's just a game!? Right? Tom :(

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't believe I've ever seen Nebraska take an *** whoopin' like that. I was pissed. I still am. Savor the flavor fellas cause it won't happen again any time soon.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rocketdoug said:
Sorry guys, but I'll have to admit that I am a Miami Alumnus.
No need to apologize. Miami looked great tonight. I thought they'd beat Doogie Heisel's Washington squad this year, but not in quite this fashion. Looks like they were getting out some frustration.

Virginia Tech is a mere shadow of their former self, so unless you guys are completely asleep next week there's a clear rode to the Rose for you.

Hey Jarel, with Michigan and Oklahoma losing today, UNL may just get a BCS invite. Not the championship game we wanted, but it pays the same...

·
The Commander
5,020 Posts
Yea, this is turning into a bad week for the Big IX powerhouses! :( It does raise the possibility of NU getting a BCS bid, which would be awesome! We are still 11 and 1 for God's sake!!! :rolleyes: The worst thing about the Big IX championship is that it's now Texas vs. Colorado. I don't think I'll even be able to watch, because it's no fun to watch a game and root against both teams! ;) Just for theoretical reasons, I would have liked to see Miami lose to Washington to see how far they'd fall in the polls. With that jr. college schedule, I think any loss would have given the voters free reign to knock them completely out of the picture.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jarelj said:
I don't think I'll even be able to watch, because it's no fun to watch a game and root against both teams! ;)
If Texas wins, I think UNL is as close to a shoe-in for an at-learge BCS bid as they can be. After all, they're 11-1 and the only team that beat them will be out of it with 3 losses.

However, if CU wins, do you take a 10-2 Texas or an 11-1 UNL as an at-large team? That's a tougher call. Texas will have the disadvantage of one more loss, but the advantages of winning the Big XII South and having beaten the team that beat us (although they will have lossed to them too). It may come down to who's ranked higher (which will be close).

The above makes it very clear for me who to root for. Hook 'em Horns!!!!!!!! :D

·
The Commander
5,020 Posts
That was known as a "bait" Doug...... and you "bit"!!! ;) :laugh: Unfortunately, all we have to do in NU land now is speculate and second-guess, while your team's playing for the prize!! :( But I think my point is valid if you look at the BSC rankings, which take strength of schedule into account. When NU, Oklahoma and Miami were all undefeated, Miami was quite a bit behind in the rankings solely because of their strength of schedule. That doesn't mean they don't have a good team this year, because they obviously do, but my point was that even as a good team if they would have lost any game they would have been bashed in the polls because of the schedule. NU actually had a pretty tough schedule this year, I would have loved to see that 12th game removed from the schedule! Sure there were the opening target-practice sessions with TCU and Troy State, but overall the Big XII is pretty stout this year. This was not a Husker team on par with the 94/95 squads, they struggled for several of their wins this year. The really disappointing thing is that Crouch will finish his term with no championship, and he certainly deserved one just for his own efforts. For those of you who don't see much Big XII ball, this guy is a once-in-a-lifetime talent, which is saying a lot considering the history of NU quarterbacks.

Treestman - Point taken, I guess I'll root for the ... (gulp...)... Longhorns...... :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
I haven't posted in a while, but none of you have had to suffer through a season like us Purdue fans. Going from Drew Brees to the freshman QBs this season, very sad. And then they go and let IU beat them, that's just not acceptable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts