RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw these pics on the Beartooth site, and it made me wonder...

has anyone ever seen a mean streak with pipes done like this, routing one down each side of the bike?

rolling thunder; said:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Indystreetracer has them on his bike. Look under the mean streak accesories section and search for the post, "Fairing mod." He has a few pics of his bike w/ nomad bags and a harley batwing posted there.

·
Registered
860 Posts
When I first bought my bike I thought about doing this. Since the Nomad and Classic use the same engine, the exhaust from them could be used. The difference would be mounting points. If you can modify/weld mounting points to equate those two bikes, I can't see why it would be much more difficult.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Love those hard bags!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
NICE! which Vulcan is that

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yes, it's a Classic. One way to know is the spoke wheels as they represent the Classic genre. The Nomad uses aluminum.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Here's the pipes on IndyStreetRacer's bike (hope you don't mind me posting your picture)...

You should ask him what he had to do to make them fit up on the mean streak.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice! Is there a technical term for that type of exhaust that one would search by if looking for a set?

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
true duals, like so
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ49003

Legal disclaimer: I do not in any way shape or form imply that these will fit a meanie. All risk is placed solely on the purchaser to ensure correct fitment. Its just an example of what to search for.

I want to be a lawyer when I grow up. Good thing I'll never grow up.

·
Registered
259 Posts

The one on my bike is the Vance & Hines Baggers. Cobra also makes the same type of exhaust system. You can also buy a stock exhaust system from the Nomad and bolt it on first to see if you like it. It does require Nomad bag brackets to mount the exhaust to. I do have a stock Nomad exhaust I would sell for $100.00 plus actual shipping charges.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts