RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
You all must go to the factorypro web site and read the entertainment thread linked from there homepage.http://www.factorypro.com/

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Pretty funny stuff, and yet real lifelike.

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Two things you can't escape from in life: Bill Gates, and Moronic Cops who love their cop lingo and ego stroking.

I wonder who's really more powerful of the two though...???

Emrah

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Gates, moronic cops eventually get fired or killed in the line of duty, so I've heard (seen)...Cops don't make enuff money to support their egos...bankruptcy and divorce rates prevail for the idiots.... but then there are some heros among the bunch, IMHO, Tom

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
I agree Tom. Didn't mean to offend, but you have to admit, that in this case, and so many others like it, it's pretty obvious this guy's no threat. They jerked him around on purpose, and they do it to others if they don't like their looks or what they do (i.e. ride a motorcycle). They had no reason to be such ***#$## to this guy, but did anyway just because they can. That's what really makes my blood boil.

And in that situation (if it was you/me/Joe Average), you can't say a damn thing back to them or you come off as hostile. It's that "I'm in charge so shut up while I hassle you even though I know you're obviously in need of assistance and not a hassling" attitude that makes me cringe.

I fully support the police and am sympathetic to what they do and the hardships they and their families endure (even though they know full well what to expect before they sign up). But it's cases like these (and we've all been there) that makes you want to scream at them, "why the hell don't you hunt down a murderer or rapist or something?" But you can't actually do that, can you? They'll just haul you away.

Ok, I think I'm done. :yell: :yell: :yell:

Emrah

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tom,
I wonder if emrah was the guy that got pulled over? :D
Just kidding emrah, Cops are okay people. Just remember that stress is a byproduct of the emotions felt when we loose control of a given situation; enough stress will lead to anger. So, in the event you are ever so unfortunate to be pulled over, remember to relax; because the cop is in total control. :laugh:

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
You also have to realize that there are certain things that are not covered in their SOP (Standard Operating Proceedure) and coasting a motorcycle out of gas down a sidewalk is probably not. Add in recent instances Road Rage, a bike rider that's having a totally bad day and a female in panic on a 911 line and you have a recipe for disaster.

But Bill Gates sure spells it out for the little lads, eh?

Z

·
0 Posts
I read the entertainment link...and it is that, entertainment....Bill Gates did not make that speech... and the biker was an *******....what the hell was he thinking riding his bike on the sidewalk? and what a dumbass for not checking the fuel on his bike....in most european countries, running out of gas is cause for a traffic ticket and fine.....it seems pretty obvious that the biker was only giving his bullshit side of the story....i deal with idiots in four wheelers and on two wheels on a daily basis....you usually get less additude than you give the officer...we have heard every lame excuse for bad behavior and **** poor driving/riding...so why should I/we have to listen to more....you screw up, you pay the price....you can not operate a motorvehicle on public roads without your total concentration....when you don't, you make mistakes or cause an accident....so the next time some one has a problem with law enforcement, check YOUR additude at the door before walking in....until you have walked in my shoes for just two hours on a friday night, don't spew BS out of your mouth.....enough of my rant.....if you don't like what I had to say, you can kiss my ***!:yell:

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
I agree with you ZR7rider.

That guy got exactly what he deseved. To be treated as he treated others. I'm not impressed with Factory Pro putting that junk on their web site. Not very professional in my opinion.

Andy

Z

·
0 Posts
I want to apologize if I have offended anyone....I work very hard doing a thankless job, and it pisses me off when idiots spew lies....they usually forget all of the facts, and how or why the officer comes in contact with them.....If you're going 100mph or blow through a red light, don't blame the officer....suck it up and take your medicine like a man or woman.....people need to accept their own responsibilty for their actions, not make excuses.....If you weren't there, then don't propagate further bullshit as truth!

'nuff said, I end my rant for good!!

Pete

·
9,816 Posts
Should have added this in my first response to this thread, my brother in law and my wife's ex husband are both with the Fayetteville Police Department and both are real *******s in general, But, I hear from the detectives I work with that they are both good cops when they are at work. Given most types of work, esp. military and L.E., your'e gonna find some bad with the good. Tom

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Ok, I know I should put this to rest, but I think I have to clear up what I said. I do NOT have anything against cops. Most of the time they are very nice and helpful. In fact, I can say that I've never had an encounter with an officer who was rude to me or jerked me around like that. If I ever got a ticket or anything, it's my fault.

I was only commenting on this situation. I also did NOT say that this guy (the rider) wasn't a moron. I mean, how can you pick up a bike from a shop (reputable or not) and NOT check things like brakes, mirrors, fuel, etc. You can never be sure who took it for a "test ride" or anything else.

I understand that law enforcement officials on this board deal with crazy/dangerous situations that at first seemed "normal" but deteriorated and you have to have your guard up. No, I wasn't there in this situation, but no one else on this board was either, even though some of you may have been in similar situations.

Being powerless sucks, even if your own stupidity (running out of gas) put you there, but I think he was ranting about them asking things like, "Why did you run out of gas?" Wouldn't it be obvious that he wouldn't do that on purpose just to push a bike uphill for 1/2 a mile? I understand that this is the guy's account, and not a 3rd person's, so it's probably skewed. You and I can never know exactly what his attitude or mannerism/body language was when answering the cops' questions because we weren't there.

I think cops need to be in control; that's what keeps them alive. But I also think that sometimes they forget what would go through their minds if they were in that position (i.e. of the moronic rider). The rider knew he F#$#ed up, but felt he was being treated too harshly for being an idiot. BUT, I realize cops sometimes can't afford the luxury of extending nicities because they never know what can happen. You (you meaning me/him/dumb rider) know you're innocent, but it hurts to be treated like a criminal just for being an idot; that just compounds your frustration. I'm not saying what's right and wrong; just pointing out human nature and that I can put myself in his shoes.

I'm obviously not a cop, but a question to those on this board that are: How would you have dealt with the situation? I'm asking this sincerely; Assuming, in fact that this guys account is true (just assuming), would you have asked him the same questions and dealt with it the same way? I realize this is a loaded question with too many "what ifs" but I'm curious.

P.S. ZR7Rider, I'm not offended, and I like I said, I didn't mean to offend you anyone else either. I can understand what you face out there. Wait, no that's a lie. I can't understand until, like you said, I've spent 2 hours in your shoes on patrol. But I understand that I ranted and pissed you off (I still think I was misunderstood in my last post), so I probably deserved some of it back. Hey if ranting back gets your point across, I can sympathize because I tend to do that myself. :rolleyes:

Emrah

·
Wheelie for Safety
1,550 Posts
Hi Pete,

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for doing a job that keeps us all safe. It's not very often the public gets a chance to express how much we appreciate police officers, but we do.

Andy

·
9,816 Posts
Hey Emrah, I really can't blame you for not letting this thread rest and I hope that Pete (ZR7rider) will post behind me on this. I'm in a totally different position as the local cop in a cruiser, my work involves complex financial crimes, such as high level drug dealers with the means that we only dream of, you know the guys with beach homes, expensive cars, good looking women, who never seem to hit a lick at a real job, and those dicks that cheat old folks out of their life savings, tax cheats, money launderers, etc. But in my job, I've encountered many liars, thugs w/guns, prostitutes, drug dealers and common "country club tax cheats" who make my life miserable (fun) that's why I enjoy what I do. I guess my point is this, those guys in the cruisers (or on bikes) have to deal more with the f**k heads who are either Drunk or on Crack, etc., etc. And I'm grateful that I don't respond to 911 calls. My last rant on the subject, Tom :) Merry Christmas!!

Z

·
0 Posts
I am in noway offended by anyone on the site....We are all mature responsible people....What bothered me, was the fact that some idiot , ran out of gas and then decided to ride on the sidewalk, it doesn't matter whether the bike was running or not...He then expects everyone to be sympathetic to his plight, (which is his own fault) and then blasts the police and cagers....Picture this...you're the cop, you get a call on the radio about a biker on the road that threatened a cager/woman...you arrive on scene to find a moron on the sidewalk mounted on a sportbike waving at you as he rolls down the sidewalk.....you put on your blues and siren, and the idiot still continues down the sidewalk...eventualy he stops...the biker is pissed and tired (from pushing earlier)......so who really has the atittude?...unh hunh...people need to understand, that most police are only responding to radio calls for service (911 calls)...I can't remember the last time I had the chance to just patrol...I'm so busy answering calls for service that I usually never get time for lunch/dinner during my 10-hour shift....What I'm trying to say is, LEO's are generally acting on minimal info over the radio/computer and have to respond based on that info....There are always two sides to a story, so we believe everybody and no one at the same time...the truth lies in-between...

No offense intended and none taken...:D

Please Ride Safe and have a wonderful Holiday season!!:cool:

Pete:laugh:

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
It all goes round, comes round. When I ( rarely ) get pinged I don't stress coz I think of the times I was hooligan and didn't get caught :D

For a starters in aussie guns aren't that common amongst the populace, so I don't envy US COPS at all. Ok 99% of ppl are ok, but the loon crackhead with a gun can ruin your day...

:)

ps: my mate in homicide's dept motto : as your day ends, our day begins :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts