RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Deer Slayer
7,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I'm new to this board, I've been hitting it for some time. Today, I had the chance to hit another board, some guy with a Kawi ZR-6, cursing away. Seems he had a very bad experience with his bike. He sent parts here, he sent parts there, trying to paint this, chrome that. Very long, explicative filled tyraid. His Buds told him, wow, sorry, feel your pain. Others said, told you so months ago, should have done this n that.
Gotta say, the people on this board have never been so shallow as half of the cycling population. Don't wanna take a pat on my back, but, just being able to call myself one of the ZR-7 community some how makes me feel good. Maybe I'm sometimes a hooligan, yea. But, when I look out at the general motorcycling community, life with the ZR-7 looks better and better, the more I look. Further, when I return to this board, the motorcycling community comes into focus.
Hope this isn't toooo sappy, but, this really is a great group. You folks have a lot of class. About to round ten thousand real soon, see yah !

·
3,610 Posts
Re: a lot of class

I always wondered why we are so happy with our ZR-7's and 7s's, and you see these other riders always selling their bikes after a few months to get something better. I guess it's just the perfect bike!

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
I think it has to do with the fact that all of us chose the ZR7!
If you look around you won't see too many, so this must mean something ;)

Aris

·
Registered
282 Posts
I think aris hit the nail on the head. We all chose the ZR-7 because it is what we liked. Alot of the other bikes out there are chosen because that's what someone else has or because they would fit in better "cough; squids" "cough; harley" I chose my ZR-7 because I liked the looks, loved the color, handles great, I always liked the naked style drag bikes like the old KZ's, has enough power to keep me happy. Now would a like a faster bike..........yes, but I plan on doing that with the ZR when the time allows.

·
Registered
965 Posts
NUTNDUN, you said it better than me :)
My problem now is that I don't have time to ride and the bike is 2000 miles away from me. The other problem is that I was reading the last issue of Performance Bikes and this ZRX1200 has stuck to my mind...
Aris

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think that it may have to do with the type of riders we are and the maturity level. We don't mind opening up the throttle once in a while and having some fun but I get the feeling that most of the ZR riders are daily commuters. We have a different attitude towards riding than the sportbike riders. Just go to the sportbike forums and all you read is "I did a wheelie", "I blew this guy off the line", etc.... Here on the ZR forum I do read about mods to the bikes, but they are mods that are addressing some shortcomings from the factory such as lean jetting, a hard seat, etc. I've also noticed that when you ask a question you get numerous responses that actually answer the question, you don't get flamed like on the sportbike sites. Visit Robert's home page and read the quote at the bottom by Hiro Minowara and I think it sums it up to the type of people we generally are.

http://users2.ev1.net/~rbenitez/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i gotta agree, we have a different mindset. in general i think we view our bikes more as vehicles than toys. maturity level? i don't know about that for me personally ;) but i do a have a good sense of reality. while superbikes are fun you can't really get too much more performance out of them than a zr-7 on the street and be safe. but some people still like the styling and are willing to make the compromise. to each their own. i'll keep my 7 :)

scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts