RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I totally pushed this aside until now. Which is really dumb of me. Like leaving spoiled food in the fridge. So I assumed i'd just follow the manual and go by what it says.

So I had my last service check at 600 miles.

my service intervals in the manual are 600miles, 3500 miles and 7500 miles etc..

but for oil change it's 600 miles, 7500 miles, 15,000 miles.

thats like 7500 miles for an engine that seems to me should be changed a lot more for it's "racing" capabilities.

From what i heard you guys recommend every 3-4,000 miles? Am I just reading my manual wrong? Hopefully it doesn't void my warranty. Going to start doing it myself, if so.

Also for the 2009 ninjas. I know this has been covered but, i'm hoping I'm understanding it correctly as my front tire sometimes feels like it's going to wash out on turns (may just be my paranoia). Mainly right turns.

The rear shock: I can adjust it. it's like a big round metal band with different levels. starts short and gets higher and higher. Well for more weighted fat people like myself (180lbs-6'1") I need to be at the higher marked one. Well where should this higher marked ring area be? at the center as your looking at it or at the bottom or the top? Or is there a little arrow I don't see in which the knob should be adjusted to?

Thanks in advance again:p

Also: if I do an oil change myself. What do I need to buy? A filter and oil. Any brands you guys recommend? For filters/oil.

Specifically filters

Also any recommended preformance air filters? Love K&N air filters for my car with a supercharger:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I changed the oil and filter on my 2009 650r at 200 and 600 miles. Now I am getting close to 2000 miles and I want to change it again since it looks really thick. I believe in clean oil :) I went with recommended Kawasaki oil and filters until now

·
Registered
3,460 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
The rear shock: I can adjust it. it's like a big round metal band with different levels. starts short and gets higher and higher. Well for more weighted fat people like myself (180lbs-6'1") I need to be at the higher marked one. Well where should this higher marked ring area be? at the center as your looking at it or at the bottom or the top? Or is there a little arrow I don't see in which the knob should be adjusted to? )
hey man i am 5'11 and 175 and keep it pretty much set right in the 4th groove on the adjuster.. if i put the gf on the back then i tighten it up as hard as it will go. hmmm as for what else your asking in that respects... you kind of have me confused, soooo im just gonna shut my cake hole. :/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts