RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm about to go on my trip to Canada in a couple weeks. and am almost at my 7500 mile service mark.

I am a little low on cash..... kinda thinking the service will be 400$ through the shop. So I think I may do the service/oilchange myself.

Any have a spare pdf/online service book for the 2009 ninja 650r. No torrents work :/ >sadface<

·
Registered
586 Posts
google ---> 650R kiwi

theres a link in there

·
Registered
586 Posts
please purchase your service manual.

I got this one for under $38:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ninj...ER-/200455305820?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature
that's just the printed copy of whats on cd... that doesn't help kawasaki any...

edit: and that guys description is such a joke...

THIS IS A PAPER BASED SERVICE MANUAL. Paper is best! No video screen will give a view larger than 8.5 X 11. No need to buy anything else.
rofl... except my screen is larger than a piece of paper, and you can zoom... and you can search! heh

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kawasaki sells a downloadable version much cheaper than the printed manual from their site (think its $35). As a note, the guy on EBAY is likely printing and binding that version as I have seen one of those and they are identical to the factory download manual.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
please purchase your service manual.

I got this one for under $38:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ninj...ER-/200455305820?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature

Sorry I don't understand the Logic in paying for something that should be given with your 7000$ motorcycle. Which if the motorcycle companies really cared about us keeping our 2 wheels safe and serviced, they would have included it. But all they care about is more money. So... in turn I don't care about them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you guys figure out the cost of printing the manual out, $35 is not a bad price. Sure, if you don't mind just viewing the manual on your monitor then the download is fine. But, if you want a printed manual to carry out to the garage with you to have next to your bike while you work on it, get the manual.
For you guys that can't fathom paying for it thinking you can just print out your own, just ask Kinkos how much to print and bind it or look at the cost of your inkjet cartridge. $35 is not a bad price.

Flame away if you must.:FIREdevil

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry I don't understand the Logic in paying for something that should be given with your 7000$ motorcycle. Which if the motorcycle companies really cared about us keeping our 2 wheels safe and serviced, they would have included it. But all they care about is more money. So... in turn I don't care about them.

Great point. The safest thing to do would be to give it away at purchase.
I just bring the laptop to the garage to work on the bike. Then you have the manual and internet at your fingertips. Plus all the music that I didnt pay for to listen to :laugh:

·
Registered
586 Posts
If you guys figure out the cost of printing the manual out, $35 is not a bad price. Sure, if you don't mind just viewing the manual on your monitor then the download is fine. But, if you want a printed manual to carry out to the garage with you to have next to your bike while you work on it, get the manual.
For you guys that can't fathom paying for it thinking you can just print out your own, just ask Kinkos how much to print and bind it or look at the cost of your inkjet cartridge. $35 is not a bad price.

Flame away if you must.:FIREdevil
print at work and win!

·
Registered
157 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts