Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess it wouldnt be one of those slip on kinda projects. ill pass

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
i guess it wouldnt be one of those slip on kinda projects. ill pass
lol you think? if it was easy then everyone would do it.

I wonder what kind of tuning had to be done, because I really dont think you could just fabricate a turbo setup and bolt everything up and think the stock mapping would accommodate boost.

·
Registered
95 Posts
No, not slip on... and for the $$, crap, you might as well buy a liter bike.

Arguably yes, but where is the fun in that. Just think of the hours to install, tweak, make it work, have it mapped, and then grenade it when you are out pushing it. Oh yah!

·
Registered
540 Posts
that is just sick looking..

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I seriously looked at turboing my 650 with a garret GT12, and still may at some point. just for fun though, dont expect much out of a project other than a fun build and a unique end product.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would sit down and do the math before jumping in face first, but I was looking at something along the lines of a TD04, K03, or even a GT25/28. ~7psi and see what happens. The ER6 in the pics above does not appear to have an intercooler and is tuned with a Power Commander. I wonder what people have done about the air box.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Someone said last time that the power delivery of a turbo motor isn't the safest thing for a bike, better to just get a liter bike. They are just about as light as the 650R these days... esp. after you add all that turbo crap, lol.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would think that the turbo would spin the tire right out from under us....

·
Registered
291 Posts
I installed flux capacitors and JATO rockets on mine.

I peel the road off when I launch.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I would be paying supersport litre bike insurance rates for something that didn't even perform as good as a supersport litre bike. That is if I could even find a company that would be willing to insure it at all.

Would be great fun if it wouldn't make a bunch of hassle. I have enough hassle with insurance on my 23 year old Porsche.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts