RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 11' 650R Black my goals in the near future are to paint the rims the same color as my helmet/jacket (Neon yellow)
http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55...elmets&sc_id=9C2DA1DD3EF743D8BA9C5BECF4E7907B (yellow)... As well as adding LED lights to the bike. Any one know the best bang for the buck on LED's. I've been looking for months for paint colors to perfectly (or super close) match the helmet. Unfortunately I've been unsuccessful in my search. So any information you guys may have would be greatly appreachiated!

Happy/Safe Riding
-Zack

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 11' 650R Black my goals in the near future are to paint the rims the same color as my helmet/jacket (Neon yellow)
http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55...elmets&sc_id=9C2DA1DD3EF743D8BA9C5BECF4E7907B (yellow)... As well as adding LED lights to the bike. Any one know the best bang for the buck on LED's. I've been looking for months for paint colors to perfectly (or super close) match the helmet. Unfortunately I've been unsuccessful in my search. So any information you guys may have would be greatly appreachiated!

Happy/Safe Riding
-Zack
I'm surprised you didn't find the "Painting your rims neon yellow" thread in the "1989" section of this board.:wink: Just kidding.

What TYPE of paint are you hoping for? If you're thinking "rattle can" you'll have to buy some, do spray test panels and see which one most closely matches. Scorpion might sell small touch up bottles to match their color but are not gonna sell you enough to paint your rims. If you are planning on using automotive paint, any decent auto paint supply store will be able to hook you up. If you are gonna have someone else do the work you might as well get the rims powdercoated. A decent powdercoater will also be able to closely match most solid colors.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes definitely a powder coater and professionally done. I called scorpion and they don't have ANY touch up paint. They tried scanning my helmet with a color to paint matcher, but because it's round it doesn't make for a good seal to assess color. Any one have any thoughts on how to find/get color matches!?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Go to your powdercoater with the helmet, if they are any good, they'll be able to match the color themselves. Even if you come up with a color before you get to them, they may not have THAT exact color in which case they (and you) will want to find the closest match.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how about Custom Sticker colors? id really like to replace the stock Ninja&Kawai on the bike. any one have any ideas ?

similar to picture..... instead of gold, custom color

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts