RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking for a spike fairing bolt kit for my 2007 650R but i cannot find one anywhere. I can find plenty of websites offering spike fairing & windscreen bolt kits for just about all other street bikes. Does anyone know where I could find a kit for the 650R or if a kit for a zx6r or any other bike would work? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone who was wondering, I went with a spike fairing bolt kit for an 06 zx6r from d2moto.com and it worked out pretty well. The spikes fit perfectly for the 4 bolts on the windsreen, the 4 bolts on the front fender, the 4 bolts on the black surface around the guages, and for 3 of the 4 bolts on the fairings. The only bolt that did not work was the one lowest and furthest back on the fairing (right in front of the exhaust on the right side), the bolt is the right size just too long so the fairing would shake. Idk if the bolt could be cut shorter w/o messing the threads up but if it could then the entire kit would work perfect. There were even a few extra spiked bolts I couldn't find a place to use. I will try to post pics up in the next few days if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
164 Posts
yes please

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
699 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I'd want as few pointy bits sticking out the side as possible just in case I ever drop the bike on myself. But I have a bit of a reputation for dropping it, lol.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The only bolt that did not work was the one lowest and furthest back on the fairing (right in front of the exhaust on the right side), the bolt is the right size just too long so the fairing would shake. Idk if the bolt could be cut shorter w/o messing the threads up but if it could then the entire kit would work perfect.
You can cut bolts without messing the threads up to where you can't use them!! What you need to do is find a nut thats the same thread size as the bolt you want to cut, the you thread the nut on all the way down the shaft to the other end, then mark and cut the bolt to the desired length, I tend to use a very fine tooth hacksaw, after you cut it you simply unscrew the nut you put on it, and the nut will usually fix the damaged end. Works pretty damn well, every now and then it wont, and you just take the bolt to a bench grinder and carfully/slightly taper the end and that will fix it right up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, thanks MortalityCnflct, I will definitely give that a try this week.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+1 if blunt force trauma isn't enough you can have lacerations for freeee
But it sure does look good lol :bling:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
+1 if blunt force trauma isn't enough you can have lacerations for freeee
You forgot about road rash! It's great times.

I can see myself on the side of the road already trying to pick pointy fairing nuts out of a road-rashed leg with a pocket knife, lol.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I never liked the pointed failing bolts, but what I like even less where the blade levers I just saw the other day... great way to lose some fingers in a crash.

·
Registered
746 Posts
You forgot about road rash! It's great times.

I can see myself on the side of the road already trying to pick pointy fairing nuts out of a road-rashed leg with a pocket knife, lol.

Screw picking it out you can be cool like this guy

(minus the sparkly diamonds)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts