RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 70 years old and want to get a lighter touring bike . My current bike in a Honda Valkyrie . Being 6' tall I was interested to find out if any other tall guys are riding the 650 . Is there any way to install foward highway pegs on the Versys ?

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
I'm 70 years old and want to get a lighter touring bike . My current bike in a Honda Valkyrie . Being 6' tall I was interested to find out if any other tall guys are riding the 650 . Is there any way to install foward highway pegs on the Versys ?
Welcome.

I rode a '11 Versys from '11 to '16 and put 30,000 miles on it. You will find the Versys light and agile compared to the Valkyrie. I am assuming your Valkyrie is the classic one so you will also find the suspension on the Versys better suited for less than smooth roads.

There are several options for adding highway pegs on the versys. There are people who make mounts for just highway pegs, or you can chose from several engine guards and mount highway pegs on them.

There are also many aftermarket seat and windshield choices to make the bike the way you want it. You can add risers to the handlebars and lower the footpegs, etc.

Versys Denali Lighting 003.JPG

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'm just a kid at 56, and a mere 5'9", but I bought a 2015 Versys 650 last year and have equipped it for sport-touring/touring. I company called Motowerk (https://motowerk.com/) makes some excellent accessories for the V, including adjustable highway peg brackets (you source your own folding highway pegs, which are very cheap).

IMG_6432-L.jpg

IMG_5958-L.jpg

IMG_5957-L.jpg

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I don't know if you are anywhere near Oklahoma, but we just traded for a 16 Versus 650 with matching factory bags and adjustable windshield with under 4,000 miles. It's matte orange...and like new!

If you are interested, PM me for details. Price and pics coming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts