RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I performed the Ninja 636 rear shock upgrade on my '05 z750s, and it went great. I bought both the Shock, and the linkage of ebay. The shock was $65 with free shipping, its in good condition with some chips on the spring, but the bushings, and seals are in excellent shape. The rear linkage was $13 with $10 shipping. It's in excellent condition, doesn't even look like it was on a bike before.

I supported the bike in the middle, so weight was off the swing arm. Then I pulled the rear wheel for extra room for working. I loosened the bolts for the shock then the linkage. I had to remove the rear section of the exhaust to have enough clearance to remove the front linkage bolt from the frame. Not a big deal its only two clamps then slide it off. After you take the bolts out everything slides out (I left the top shock bolt in until last so it wouldnt just fall out when the linkage was free).

Next step was spinning the Regulator/Rectifier around so the the new shocks cannister didnt hit the connector. I disconnected the connector from the regulator then loosened the two bolts and flipped it 180 degrees, straight forward. Next removed the right side panel and fished the regulator leads back thru the jumble of wires between the frame members. To re-route the leads I notched the bottom of the battery box to fit the connector under the plastic panel, and above the frame gusset. After the Cables were thru and connected to the regulator I used foil tape to cover the notch in the battery box.

After that the new 636 shock, and linkage went in the same way I took the old one out. Then exhaust back on, side cover on, wheel in, and chain adjusted. After that The new shock was ready to ride, and test out.

Everything works great... Now the next project is gonna be making Z1000 Nissin front brakes work on the z750s front end.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have brakes from my 03 z1000 if you are interested. Pads are in good shape and stock lines included.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but I got a set off ebay for $70 a few days ago with all the lines included. Do you have any other parts off it?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have front forks, fender, rear hugger and brakes. I just have the front forks, no triple.
Dude, I was thinking like 40 for the brakes. Bummer.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Where are you in upstate?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts