RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Just triple checked and it's definitely 15 ft-lbs for the locking rings and 80 ft-lbs for the top bolt.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Definately nice work. I think the fender and forks look nice black. I am hoping to get black 636 forks. The rest of the bike will be attached to them though.
I admit, quoting myself is stupid but I finally had to show my black fork swap.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
You still got those?
If you are asking if they are still on my bike then yes. If you are asking about it that eBay listing, its not my listing.

@ xpyron congrats you beat fencing dude! Bike looks nice.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but im using a number of threads linked to from @kojiro ‘s thread. I will mention that i have the same z1000 upper triple as djrussell but my ignition switch simply does not fit. I took the cover off and managed to get the piece to fit flush against the mount but the mounting holes do not line up.

If you can imagine that the holes on the ignition are at quarter to three and the triple has them at ten to two(on a clock). Wondering if anyone else had come across this?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but im using a number of threads linked to from @kojiro ‘s thread. I will mention that i have the same z1000 upper triple as djrussell but my ignition switch simply does not fit. I took the cover off and managed to get the piece to fit flush against the mount but the mounting holes do not line up.

If you can imagine that the holes on the ignition are at quarter to three and the triple has them at ten to two(on a clock). Wondering if anyone else had come across this?
For those coming along in the future and wanting to know what my issue was i figured it out. The top triple needed to be spaced up about 3-4mm. This was achieved by using a stem lock nut ring from the Er6. I have posted threads on other forums with a picture.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts