RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone seen this thing?!? here's the official honda web page:
http://www.hondamotorcycle.com/models/2002/index.html?model_number=FSC600

i pulled up behind one at a light and thought it was honda's new mini sport tourer. it really looks flashy, very modern styling and it's sizeable. the only thing that looked odd from the rear was the large, very vetical windshield. when we turned the corner i saw it was a scooter and just laughed.

although it lists at $7500 it's really pretty cool. i think it would be a much nicer ride on the freeway than the 250cc models and makes a nice alternative to a traditional motorcycle for those who would want one.

i never really felt comfortable riding scooters. without a tank to grab with my knees i feel insecure. i was also never liked floorboards, too much time on dirt bikes and BMX i guess.

scott :)

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
I don't know, man. Cruising down the freeway on a 476 lb. scooter at 70mph on 13" and 14" tires feeling every bump and crack in the cement and pavement. I don't think I would wanna go there. With those wheels, it's basically a "Trail 70" on steroids.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on steroids and with half a saturn's bodywork to wrap it up in!

and i thought you loved the trail 70 ;)

scott

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
It's cool for the retired, motorhome jockey types, I'm just not ready to trade in my ZR for a CT. Although I wouldn't mind being a retired, motorhome jockey type. :cool: Just over 6 more years and that may be an option. :D

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
$$$7,500 for a "scooter?" Ya gotta be kidding me! Who is Honda marketing this thing for? Someone who owns a Cadillac Escalade to carry around for "fun?" Let me see, for $7,500....I could own a Kawi ZX6R! If I needed a scooter, I think I'd just go find a Moped. Tom :( :rolleyes:

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Martin64 said:
It's cool for the retired, motorhome jockey types, I'm just not ready to trade in my ZR for a CT. Although I wouldn't mind being a retired, motorhome jockey type. :cool: Just over 6 more years and that may be an option. :D
For that kind of money, Marty, I think I'd opt for a four wheeler trailered behind the motorhome. Five years and 300+ days to go. Tom :D

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Absolutely. I could think of 7500 reasons not to buy a 600cc scooter, or any scooter for that matter.

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
Hey Martin, we saw one of these at the Rock Store a few weeks ago, didn't we? Never got up close to check it out though.

If I'm going to spend that much on a scooter, it's gonna be a super-customized one like Sting rode in The Who's "Quadrophenia". That thing was pretty sweet!

Emrah

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
retired motorhome jocky!!! LoL!! that's exactly what the guy looked like. when i thought it was a sport cruiser i couldn't figure out why some fat old fart was sitting on top of it. no jacket, no boots, polo shirt and khakis with an open face helmet. it didn't fit. then i turned the corner and boy did it.

i happen to know there are at least half a dozen trailer parks within five miles of where is saw this.

i still think it's cool but the price its wacked. i never understood why scooters, regradless of size, cost so much.

scott

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that thing's beautiful! completely out of control! judging by the price of their 600cc scooter i would guess the xaxis only costs a few thousand more than the elysium ;)

scott

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if the elysium comes out it will be ridiculously expensive and it's not my style but i still think it's really wild! did ya see that passenger seat? looks like something they stole from the new goldwing.

incidentally, i once read an account (on the web) of someone who did the cross country iron butt rally on a 250 honda scooter. it was outfitted with an extra tank to bump up it's fuel capacity and some other goodies to make the trip. i believe honda sponsored the rider by providing the scooter.

scott

1 - 15 of 15 Posts