RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went over 50,000 miles this morning on the way in to work. Only issues I've had thus far are the seeping cam plugs (still seeping but not bad enough to warrant pulling the engine), broken throttle cable (fixed) and leaking fork seals (fixed). :headbang::righton:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Nice, congrats on the milestone! Thanks for the report too, it's good to know these bikes go the mile. Ride safe.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Just went over 50,000 miles this morning on the way in to work. Only issues I've had thus far are the seeping cam plugs (still seeping but not bad enough to warrant pulling the engine), broken throttle cable (fixed) and leaking fork seals (fixed). :headbang::righton:
those darn cam plugs...mine are still leaking after all the fixes Ive triied with silicoln...but like you said,not bad enough to have to pulll the engine,,but it sure is annoying to have to check it after every ride..

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
those darn cam plugs...mine are still leaking after all the fixes Ive triied with silicoln...but like you said,not bad enough to have to pulll the engine,,but it sure is annoying to have to check it after every ride..
How many miles on your bike?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's been a slow year since I started this thread. Spent 7 of the last 12 months in the Afghanistan. I have managed to make it to 54k miles though. Still no issues... Going to the Darkside. Bought the Yokohama S-Drive 195/45-17 and having it mounted today. Should have it back on the bike no later than tomorrow.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Tried a nomad with the dark side felt funny. Really had to push it over in a corner then it seemed to want to keep going after it started. the other thing I noticed was a little sloppy on the back roads with the cracks in the road seems to push the back end around more than bike tire. Might do it anyway as 35000 miles on a $200 is a big tease. Have 20000 on my bike withs the 4th set of tires. I ran the first set with low air and ruined them early.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Where are these "Cam Plugs"? I have 25,000 miles on my 2008 Meanie!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
bought my '05 vtx 1300 c new that year,,traded it in on a kawasaki Z1000 last year,,,but within the 5 years i put 58,000 on it and it still ran great. regular upkeep and these bikes will go forever!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
added a picture of it,,,and i'm still as sexy as ever,,,lol.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
the vtx was fast,,had it up to 130 but it didnt have the torque of the meanie...this bike at times scares me with the power but i love it. loved the color of my vtx,would change from blue to light purple in the late afternoon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts