RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ermax undertail, wanted to install it before I left for school. Apparently it got backed up in customs for one reason or another. Oh well, it will give me some thing to do when I get home.

My mom sent me a pic from her cell phone, figured I'd post it up for those interested in what it looks like before installation.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Niiiice

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I think it looks good, she told me the color matched flawlessly but the packaging makes it look darker. Also, being that I have OCD (self-diagnosed) I expected the outer perimeter of the signals to be black based on pics I saw but they are greyish instead. Overall, I think I will be pleased with it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your part must have been stuck with my seat cowl. I sear it must've been a month and a half from the time I ordered it until it arrived at my door.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your part must have been stuck with my seat cowl. I sear it must've been a month and a half from the time I ordered it until it arrived at my door.
Honestly bro, I think it was. They told me mine and one other part had for some reason been stopped in customs.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Honestly bro, I think it was. They told me mine and one other part had for some reason been stopped in customs.
It was not stopped in customs for no apparent reason. You might want to check for wear and tear on your parts already. A customs agent might had been having fun with your undertail on his/her bike for the month....lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lol i got mine tuesday and its freaking hard to install. you will need to drill some holes and get a load equalizer or your signal lights will blink fast.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol i got mine tuesday and its freaking hard to install. you will need to drill some holes and get a load equalizer or your signal lights will blink fast.
I know about the 2 holes that need to be drilled, and I had heard about the equalizer. As far as "fast" is concerned is it like fast when a cars blinker is about to die or fast to the point that there is no differential between blinks? If it's the first one, I'd probably keep it because from what I understand the signals are hard enough to see...would that have any negative effects?

·
Registered
3 Posts
its not going to be so fast that you cant tell if its blinking or not, not sure about negative effects, maybe shorter bulb life because its blinking more than normal ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
its same as a car light blinks fast when one is shorted out. it because of the ECU thinking that the rear signal lights are shorted out. LED does not take too much voltage to light up so its not the same as a bulb.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
its same as a car light blinks fast when one is shorted out. it because of the ECU thinking that the rear signal lights are shorted out. LED does not take too much voltage to light up so its not the same as a bulb.
I always thought it had more to do with current (amperage) than voltage. Pretty much the right idea though.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
the ermax is difinitely the best looking undertail, but i decided against it due to the frustration of installing it, as mentioned by several.

·
Registered
84 Posts
k so i put the under-tail on my 09 650r and you are correct it does blink fast but i don't see a problem with it. i am able to see the turn signals from about 50 feet away so they are plenty bright enough. as far as installation its not difficult just time consuming. over all i think it looks great.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
k so i put the under-tail on my 09 650r and you are correct it does blink fast but i don't see a problem with it. i am able to see the turn signals from about 50 feet away so they are plenty bright enough. as far as installation its not difficult just time consuming. over all i think it looks great.
If someone is following you at 55 mph and are using the 2 second rule they are 160 feet behind you. If in daylight they can only see your turn signal at 50 feet you run the risk of getting run over if you are using engine braking to slow down. Good luck with that.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Many frown upon this.
And many spend a lot more money to be politically correct in the motorcycle electrical circles.
But Ive always replaced my turn signal relay with a heavy duty turn relay from the auto store for less then three bucks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ermax undertail, wanted to install it before I left for school. Apparently it got backed up in customs for one reason or another. Oh well, it will give me some thing to do when I get home.

My mom sent me a pic from her cell phone, figured I'd post it up for those interested in what it looks like before installation.
hello i just received my new ermax undertail and i compare as your and
i saw that your led turn signals and the led licence plate light are already install... not on mine...how the led license plate light is held?

·
Registered
143 Posts
He is no longer on this forum so you probably wont get a response. There are probably others that have it though that could help.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts