RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know many of you are agresive riders like myself and would love to have a slipper clutch option for your z/ninja 1k. Yoyodyne has offerd to have one made if only 5 poeple call and show interest. The number is 973 386 0040 so please request this product and post here so we can keep track of the progress. I will stay on top of this for you and lett it be known when one is available. The price will be there standard $849 for the unit. TY all....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, sadly it doesn't fit into my budget. I have problems spending close to a G on single item products for my bikes =\

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately I don't have that in my budget either. I'm still trying to get an ECU flash or a PCV plus two of my bikes need suspension work!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I didn't like slipper clutches when I rode with my 1st one, old dog and all, then I felt like how did we ride without them. Now without one I find I quickly adapt back to the blip &/or clutch feather like the ole days. I'd love a slipper, especially on this bike, as it bites hard, but for that much $, I couldn't justify it myself. But thnx for posting & looking into it.

It'd be interesting to see if a swap from a ZX10r would work ... hmm, inquiring minds and all.

Dave.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
1k for a slipper clutch on a sport touring bike makes no sense.

It would be nice, but it's not really needed.

Reactions: Spadebell

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
personally I would rather not have that crutch. Rev matching and smoothing $hit out manually is not an over-rated skill to have in your bag of tools.
with that said... $$ on suspension should have been my first priority... before the exhaust upgrade I did. A steering dampener is also higher priority.

Reactions: Tracktimeplz

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
personally I would rather not have that crutch. Rev matching and smoothing $hit out manually is not an over-rated skill to have in your bag of tools.
with that said... $$ on suspension should have been my first priority... before the exhaust upgrade I did. A steering dampener is also higher priority.
:) It's hard to leave that big, heavy, ugly, restrictive exhaust system on there to fix the suspension first. I know better and you're right, suspension should always be the first thing you fix on any bike but sometimes that's tough to do when something else is screaming to be replaced. I'm glad I got an exhaust system first but I can't wait to do the suspension next.

Reactions: bakwheeltango

·
Registered
571 Posts
The Ninja 1000 does have a good bit of engine braking, but I never really thought I needed a slipper clutch. If it had come with one from the factory that would have been nice, but I can easily feather the clutch if I need to.

I don't ride hard enough on the street that I necessarily need a slipper. However for track days a slipper clutch is definitely worth having.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do you guys not rev-match? I find the feel of a slipper odd, and still want to rev match it. I havent had the rear end bang up once on this bike, its pretty easy to get the feel for.

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
slipper clutch is faster, hence why they use it.

This bike has a ton of engine braking, especially in first...lol Personally I have been farting around with coming in a bit hot, hard on the front brakes and medium on the rears, drop two gears and slide the clutch out slow. Makes neat marks in front of the hotel I am staying in.

After having a GSXR with a slipper, it is truly missed...lol Just quicker and easier. But I understand why they did not do it on a budget sport touring bike.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am interested in the slipper clutch. I am willing to purchase so just let me know what to do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts