RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife goes riding with me when we can get a sitter, but it brings up a problem. The ZR only has one helmet lock, how do you lock up the second helmet?

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
And that's a whole lot better than have your spouse carry both helmets while your'e in Sears looking at new tools or at Home Depot....thanks Jarel. Tom :D :eek:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have two identical CYRUS helmets that both fit on the one lock. I lock them both through the metal clasps that make up the chinstrap. It takes a little manuevering but they both fit and I only have to push a little.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
usually in the cruiser accessory section of your local shop there will be these little chromed steel T's. they're made of plate steel and have a hole at one end. you slip the end into the d-ring and it effectively makes it two inches longer making for easier stacking of two helmets on one lock. cost about $7.

jarel's solution is great too. you can use one of those self curling bicycle locks. they're inexpensive and store easily under the seat. i've got one of those coiled idiot wires that goes from your u-lock to the bars so you don't drive away with the thing still on (highly recommended!). i often have it do double duty by running it through the sleeves of riding jacket(s) and then using my u-lock to attach them to the triple tree. then i can walk around without carrying my jacket.

scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts