RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

181 - 194 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Nice!. Wheels like great painted black
What the heck are ya tryin to say Rick? LMFAO... :wtf: :sweat: Too many adult beverages that night I reckon... :glassesti

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
What the heck are ya tryin to say Rick? LMFAO... :wtf: :sweat: Too many adult beverages that night I reckon... :glassesti
Zero...Spell check bit me...

Them wheels lick good panted blak.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know we're talkin about rear wheels and tires here, but has anyone put a 120/70 on the front? Was thinking about trying it. Any feed back would be great thx.
Already put a 190 on the rear, love it. 200 0r 210 would be awesome.

·
Registered
748 Posts
OK.... so if i read all this right to do this on a 2004 meany i have to do .75 inches on both sides of the wheel, cut the drive shaft tube and cut some brackets in the pictures. my problem is that i can not find the 210 tire anymore i can find plenty 200's ?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well increasing the wheel from 5 inches wide to 6.5 inches wide, the 200 will be adequate. The 210 is more for those that go for the full 7 inch wide wheel. The 6.5" wide wheel looks just as good as the 7".

You can still get the 210 tire, but you will have to import it from Europe. I haven't done the research, but it may be worth your while to widen the wheel AND increase the diameter to 18". You will have a much larger selection to choose from.

·
Registered
748 Posts
are there any wheels that fit our bikes that are reasonably priced or specifically stock from another bike that is wider and/or bigger

·
Registered
146 Posts
I know we're talkin about rear wheels and tires here, but has anyone put a 120/70 on the front? Was thinking about trying it. Any feed back would be great thx.
Already put a 190 on the rear, love it. 200 0r 210 would be awesome.
I have a 120 on mine. And also have a 190 in the back

·
Registered
146 Posts
I posted wrong. I'm running a 120 70 in the front. And a 180 in the back. But I'll definitely go to a 190 or 200 in the back next tire change. Love the 120 up front

·
Registered
508 Posts
Has anyone else done this modification and perfected it? I have a 2005 VN1600 and interested in adding this to my list of mods. After reading this whole thread more than a couple times I am learning the best approach is to buy a used swing arm assembly and wheel. The VN1500 uses a different swing arm than the VN1600. With that said the VN1600 swing arm only needs the drive tube cut out and no mod needed on the load (right) side. Do the modification to the drive tube (professionaly) and the wheel mod done. What is the final and best size to widen the wheel to get the largest tire in there without future headaches? The question has been asked as far as how much the whole mod would cost and I think somewhere under 1K is my best guess.
Any comments are appreciated...

·
Registered
508 Posts
I just called Sandy Kosman and he no longer does wheel modifications. He refered me to Charlie Sullivan 530-200-3572 who bought all Sandy's equipment and business. Sandy said he was very good and knew what he was doing.

·
Registered
162 Posts
phatfire6, I have been going crazy trying to find an exhaust like yours. Could you please tell me where it came from ? thank you,
You will probably have more luck trying to PM him, as his last post in this thread was over 3 years ago. Looking at his profile, seems as though he last stopped by in May of this year so you should be able to reach him.

181 - 194 of 194 Posts