RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the new SuZuk sport Tourer.

It's officially a parts bin special that, according to nearly everything I've seen on it since announced, all works great.

Remember, in 2000, the ZR-7 was a parts bin special that works great. Linage combined with modern updating made it a knockout for smart riders. It did everything, I know cause mine had near 30,000 on it when it ran into Bambi's mother. The first, and last accident I experienced on that Kaw.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This new gsxs really checks boxes.

Start with lineage. The engine from the 2005 gsxr, it same hp it had then, I believe. Tuned, of course, for street riding. And parts too lifted off gsxr's, believe I read breaks.

Then they put it all together with modern electronics. They created a whole new outer package to place on their existing gsxs. Extended the front, and especially the rear sub frame. Created cases to fit on.

The data screen is All New. Quite impressive(talk about distractions...lol)

The TFT LCD readouts include:
"Speedometer (digital), RPM indicator (shift light), Tachometer (analog format), Transmission gear position, Fuel gauge, Coolant temperature, Ambient air temperature, Cruise control setting, SDMS mode, Traction control mode, Quick Shift (ON/OFF), Voltmeter, Clock (12-hour format), Odometer, Dual trip meter, Average fuel consumption (Trip 1 & 2), Instant fuel consumption, Riding range (per fuel onboard), Smartphone battery level, Smartphone connection status, and Rider-passenger intercommunication status (Bluetooth®)."

ABS, Quick Shifter, Power and Traction modes, Cruise Control.

Uprite riding ergos, a handlebar, which I'm a fan of. I'm not racing, I'm riding on the streets. (Notice how I speak as if I own this thing already!! Lol).

The front end, behind front wheel, has that flat black plastic piece which looks a little weird. Not sure what the rationale was with that. Me thinkst it saved money rather than a more elegant full fairing. After all, they did Not redesign the frame! So there's that bit. Have to see it in the flesh tho.

I see 3 colors. 1 black....Yuck, and 2 blues. The darker if which looks like it works best, though the lighter color pops, And seems to include same color wheel strips....Nice! Not sure what's actually available where I am.

I really got to get on this. Haven't even talked to a dealer yet. I feel like it will be difficult to land one fir some reason.

However, not apples to apples but, I researched my Honda Pilot Elite for 2 whole years when they came out with current iteration. Then I just strolled into my dealer, and Exactly the vehicle I wanted was sitting on the sales floor, a layover model (2017) which I got at discount in 2018. And the two years were identical!! So I have so luck I guess.

Now how to get wife to just give into pressure! Oh, now THATS the real issue.

Last bit....it was early 2000 when we went to a good friend's wedding. After party at the parent's home. My wife who's not a big drinker is now Drunk! That's when I got her to agree to the ZR purchase. Lol

But now she like doesn't drink at all!!

Suggestions will be reviewed....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey all, update. Spoke with the owner of a major motorsports dealer. This guy has been around, used to race. He has a fantastic used bike collection along side the brand new offerings. Beautiful Eddie Lawson ZXR, and some original Gixers, others too. Many are his actual bikes, they don't sell too quick cause he wants top dollar for those. They are like museum pieces.

But he has a big sakes floor with many offerings. Brand new Hayabusa, beautiful bike. Ducati, many others.

Has not seen the new GSX-S1000 Models at all yet. He says it's very difficult getting new models from over seas right now.

But he's going to seek out if any are available. I'll follow up too.

Was the first (motorsports) dealer I walked into in years. Chose this one due to its history, been in business a long time. And it's pretty big.

On the other front, breaking the wife down is more difficult than breaking a wild stalion with a taste for human blood. Good Lord, who wears the pants I ask myself? ...she does wear pants often....:rolleyes: Anywho, I'm biding my time and keeping my cool. OM confident I will prevail. So I'm moving forward slowly. You know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More info:

This may apply to anyone seeking a new model of any brand, as you may have already figured, availability of some models is behind schedule. Gee, who would have thunk?

Contacted Suzuki USA and spoke with a customer service representative. She remembered getting questions in availability for the Gsxs1000 and, it has been bumped more than once. Looking at May for next possible availability here in the states. I know it's in Europe because there are dozens of videos of people there riding and reviewing these bikes.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist at heart, but just can't help thinking were experiencing something beyond simple availability. Not even going to approach a political debate on this, please. But I am thinking our countries demand has finally been overcome and supply, obviously, is now our issue. Has covid been a factor? Has US emissions, which when I research describes US standards more stringent than EU standards, caused delays? Is it logistical, US being further from Japan than US?? Maybe it's just this model that had a particular issue needing resolution before release here?

If I spoke Japanese I might call Suzuki Japan, nothing like taking it to the source. Though I'm sure they speak English there.lol.

But I'm thinking at this point, I may want to work out a deposit agreement with reputable dealer. Not really crazy about that proposition, but I don't see a better action guarantee for me receiving this model, this year. I was hoping by June. Now I don't know.

I'm wondering just how much any particular dealer can be trusted in working to aquier this model. I mean, what do they really care? Aren't they more concerned with selling the bikes they HAVE received and are on their floor? I would think absolutely.

So my approach is a calm professionalism. I mean, calling every day and demanding a new answer to same question can't possibly work out.

I realize the business aspect. If I can't get it for you, than you're not my primary interest. I'm in business, and there is a certain extent to which you entertain a customer on a product that's Not Available. And when they walk out, you're not sorry you didn't do more, because there's nothing more you can do. But wait.

And, at this point, it's actually kind of intriguing figuring out my options, and possibilities.

I would love to here any educated opinions on this issue. But again, I won't entertain any political issues(not that this forum would either). I'm not attempting to draw out an argument. But I would like a good discussion along the lines of business, production, distribution, ect.

Any discussion of dealerships in general or specific examples are welcome. I hesitate to name dealerships at this point, knowing very little if thier particulars. I do like to shoot from the hip though. And I like to connect with people, listen to them, and feel out their overall interests. How they respond to basic requests.
I Do like to be sold. That's important to me, though it may seem neieeve. I've done well when salesperson is great at their job. I think I'm smart enough to spot full on BS. And a good salesperson picks that up immediately.

Ok. Hope this is not all a big bore(no pun intended) to you all.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since my first posting about this bike, things have gone from bad to worse. Now it's litteraly the worst time for a purchase.

Your whole life, you're waiting. Getting through the difficulties of life. If you can even manage to do that much! Waiting for better times.

So I'm used to waiting. And it's at times like these to take inventory of what one does have.

And you may get in tune with the immaterial highlights of your life, right now.

If you can't appreciate the good you have, should you have any, than you'll be a miserable person. And once you do appreciate the good you have, and share and revel in your place in the world, than these difficult times may pass with you and yours intact. Gratitude.

That being said, it IS a really bad time for this right now. I'd be beyond stubborn and inconsiderate to go for it now without caring for anyone but myself. I can't be That Guy.

So now, without any further ado, I fold my cards. There's ALWAYS a game to be played tomorrow. And as much as I'm wanting this bike, I have allowed myself to be patient. This economy right now Must be ridden out. Inflation level, market rebound, ect.

I'll be ready to jump into the game as soon as the horizon re-appears.

Tell me if I'm wrong!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts