RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand new bike barely 200Kms done 2 weeks old. what do you guys think? Im taking it back tomorrow to the dealer you guys think this will continue to happen with this unit or should I ask them to give me a new Unit instead?

Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Automotive lighting Gas
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It didn't drip anymore as the photos... but I can see oil between the gasket and when I touch it feels oily and oil in my fingers...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Out of curiosity, what did the dealership say?
When I took it to them they said it is definitely leaking from the base cylinder block which need s replacing the gasket.(They also said mine was the first Unit that they have seen leaking) How lucky am I 😭😭😭😭😭😭
I Told them that I don't want my brand spanking new bike to be opened which had like only 100KMs when it happened LOL... They said I can write a letter to them requesting a new unit... They took a lot of photos of the bike everything... Haven't heard back from them yet (its been like 2 weeks now)

·
American Legion Rider
175 Posts
They said I can write a letter to them requesting a new unit... T
Did you do that too? If so, I hope you copied Suzuki corp. That's where it needs to be approved for replacement rather than fixed. Well, it has to be fixed no matter but now they are left with a used bike rather than new. And who knows, you could be lucky and get a second leak. Personally I would have let them open it and clean things up and replace the gasket. Might have just been a loose bolt as well but they'd know that once they start to fix it. They would likely check all bolts while there is why I would let them go for it. Can't ride much in the winter anyway so why not let them give you back a bike that has truly been gone over is the way I look at it. You might have a Monday bike now or the replaced bike so there many be more to come no matter what.

·
Zero Tolerance
2,779 Posts
Haven't heard back from them yet (its been like 2 weeks now)
Your location comes up as the Philippines, so unless you are using a VPN, and you live in the Philippines, you should know that you have to follow up on EVERYTHING yourself for anything to be done.

·
American Legion Rider
175 Posts
And a very Merry Christmas to you and family as well. BTW...was you visiting family the reason you were gone for awhile? According to logs and posts you were gone around a month. Probably wasn't really that long but sure looks like it. I hope nothing was wrong. I was about to PM you just to find out if you were okay when you started posting again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your location comes up as the Philippines, so unless you are using a VPN, and you live in the Philippines, you should know that you have to follow up on EVERYTHING yourself for anything to be done.
Yeah i'm currently living here in the Philippines ;) so true... the customer service is A**... I have been following up every week and the only respond I get is. "We will update you Sir"... that's all... LOL. lets see.

My only fear is if they open it and it will be the same as my Duke 390 :(
They opened it to fix a headgasket leak and ever since I have nothing but problems with that bike :( If not I really have no problems them fixing it... Id still use it either way ;(

Wish you all a Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! Ride Safe everyone 💗💗💗💗💗

·
Zero Tolerance
2,779 Posts
Yeah i'm currently living here in the Philippines ;) so true... the customer service is A**... I have been following up every week and the only respond I get is. "We will update you Sir"... that's all... LOL. lets see.

My only fear is if they open it and it will be the same as my Duke 390 :(
They opened it to fix a headgasket leak and ever since I have nothing but problems with that bike :( If not I really have no problems them fixing it... Id still use it either way ;(

Wish you all a Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! Ride Safe everyone 💗💗💗💗💗
Malypayong pasko Amigo!

First - I would just gently torque down those bolts before letting them pull it apart. A few years ago I bought a new Ninja 250. Within a few weeks it was weaving at low speed. I have been riding for 50 years and knew it was the steering head bearings. I took it to Kawasaki and complained - their mechanic simply tightened the steering head bearings. I told him that that was not going to fix the problem. It didn't. Finally I FORCED them to order new steering head bearings. When they actually pulled the front end apart - gee, guess what? Both bottom and top races were rusted beyond repair - as if the bike had been dropped in the sea. They replaced the bearings under warrantee.

Most 'mechanics' in the Philippines are self-taught and only know basic maintenance. Avoid them at all costs. There are some mechanics who are factory trained - make sure that you contact Kawasaki Philippines and request the location of a factory trained workshop - otherwise you will regret it.

Amping perme.

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
Oz, I don't know....if my new bike leaked, I would be angry enough to notify Suzuki, even if they had nothing to do with it.

Don't sweat it. Have it repaired. Bike will be as good, or better than new after a real mechanic replaces the gasket.

Reactions: ghostmotordiaires

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Malypayong pasko Amigo!

First - I would just gently torque down those bolts before letting them pull it apart. A few years ago I bought a new Ninja 250. Within a few weeks it was weaving at low speed. I have been riding for 50 years and knew it was the steering head bearings. I took it to Kawasaki and complained - their mechanic simply tightened the steering head bearings. I told him that that was not going to fix the problem. It didn't. Finally I FORCED them to order new steering head bearings. When they actually pulled the front end apart - gee, guess what? Both bottom and top races were rusted beyond repair - as if the bike had been dropped in the sea. They replaced the bearings under warrantee.

Most 'mechanics' in the Philippines are self-taught and only know basic maintenance. Avoid them at all costs. There are some mechanics who are factory trained - make sure that you contact Kawasaki Philippines and request the location of a factory trained workshop - otherwise you will regret it.

Amping perme.
Yeah I feel that's what happened with me with my KTM... The KTM dealer mechanic had a hard time figuring some small things... That's the reason I don't want the dealer mechanics handling the fixes... if the main Kawasaki Factory handling I don't mind whatever they do i'm good...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts