RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
2020 concours with 9500 miles . I was just into 2nd gear while leaving a traffic light under perfect weather conditions in Florida and my councours began to bog down . The brakes were engaging without any action on my part . I came to a stop in the middle of the lane and my friend on a 13 year old concours who was following me hit my left bag and went down in the median . My friend and his bike were fine. The truck behind him stopped and we horsed my bike onto the median . My brakes remained fully engaged for 2 minutes or so and then finally relaxed . I rode around the nearby parking lot and then rode it 5 minutes home. It seems that for some reason the master cylinder fully engaged . If that had happened at a higher speed I might be dead . Im going to Trailer it to my closest dealer. Anybody else ever experience this or have a better idea what happened ?
I just had something going on...The rear brakes would drag after the first couple of stops...I think it was going on for sometime before I noticed it.I thought the rear caliper was sticking so i replaced it...No change....I decided it had to be in the master cylinder...I took it apart and there was some gunky stuff inside...I cleaned and bled the brakes and its fine....May not be the same thing going on but Master cylinders on these things are pretty cheap

1 - 2 of 2 Posts