RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
見る
2,941 Posts
I would probably consider emptying the brake reservoir and flushing the front brake lines. If there is some crud in the reservoir then it could be blocking the fine needle hole in the bottom of the reservoir, meaning that the pressure is maintained to the brake pads. Letting the bike sit for a while allows the brake fluid to push the crud back into the reservoir - and on it goes.

I'm kind of on RC's side about your mate. No-one should be following that closely, especially since you said the brakes started to bog down, which implies not an emergency stop.

But hey - maybe you both learnt something.

Keep us posted on the cause of the issue - it might help other members who experience the same problem.

·
見る
2,941 Posts
This is a fairly well known issue that is abs pump related. Not air in the system related . Your hitting the brakes unstuck your pump, for now, but won't end up fixing anything long term.
That's pretty much what I thought - but the Aprilia is the first ABS bike that I have ever owned, so I couldn't really contribute to the conversation. Especially since I'm experiencing the dreaded 'ABS light always on' situation and can't track down the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts