RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to check valve clearances, change air filter and plugs. I feel confident doing these things, but I can't get the fairing off, so I can take off the gas tank and access the things I need to service. All the videos I've seen are 2016 and before. This is a different animal starting in 2017.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
These things are put together like a puzzle. A shop manual is a great investment. I purchase one for each bike I own if I can't find a downloadable one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll do up a video in the spring once I get my service manual in.

I'm sure it's common sense but seeing as how it's my new bike I'm terrified of snapping tabs. Wasn't an issue on my '11 250 where I just yanked plastic off :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll do up a video in the spring once I get my service manual in.

I'm sure it's common sense but seeing as how it's my new bike I'm terrified of snapping tabs. Wasn't an issue on my '11 250 where I just yanked plastic off :)
Have you managed to find one for the 2017 plus ninja 650. Been looking freaking everywhere with no hint of one. Have brought a new 650 in the last few weeks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you managed to find one for the 2017 plus ninja 650. Been looking freaking everywhere with no hint of one. Have brought a new 650 in the last few weeks
They are really rare for some reason. Even Kawasaki are out of stock of their own service manual. I ended up buying one from service-shop-repair-manual dot com fully knowing it was counterfeit, likely scanned. Sure enough what arrived was definitely not OEM, but surprisingly high quality nonetheless. Bound really well, both images and text crisp and clean. Not sure where they source their material but it looks like either a REALLY good scan of the OEM or printed right from the OEM's digital source. I can't compare it to a genuine copy I don't own, but I can't imagine there is much difference at all. Definitely don't regret the purchase.

I don't typically condone buying counterfeit goods but where else can I go for a service manual when OEMs won't stock theirs and 3rd parties aren't interested in the '17+ Ninja 650.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts