RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm considering buying a 2018 EX650, and since I intend to do some heavy touring, I need to find a good setup for a pair of saddlebags, which I've never used before.

From this thread I can see that there are a number of options, including the OEM bags and mounts which use the four mount points under the back of the frame.

Unfortunately, I can't find any mention of this mounting bracket on kawasaki.com, or my local dealer's website, or amazon, ebay or elsewhere... I also can't find aftermarket mounts/bags that specifically work with the 2017-19 EX650.

So I'd like to ask those with experience for some recommendations for mounts/available online, hopefully not too expensive. I'm located in Canada, if it matters.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
These work just as good as any others. I like the quality but just put them in 2 days ago. They come with waterproof covers, easy pull dual tethered zippers. But no locking zippers unfortunately. I'd recommend the 20 dollar under seat harness cause the front straps are stiched on horizontally instead of vertically pointing down to where you would actually attach. I attached them to tail bag and tail bag to under seat harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
I went this route on my '07 Ninja 650. Givi V35 side bags and borrowed the JC Whitney (givi knockoff) trunk from my KLR 650.

Ninja and Versys.JPG touring windshield.JPG

·
Registered
30 Posts
These work just as good as any others. I like the quality but just put them in 2 days ago. They come with waterproof covers, easy pull dual tethered zippers. But no locking zippers unfortunately. I'd recommend the 20 dollar under seat harness cause the front straps are stiched on horizontally instead of vertically pointing down to where you would actually attach. I attached them to tail bag and tail bag to under seat harness.
I've been considering these NR bags myself. I might need to get them before more trips out west this year. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have the previous version of these Touratech bags: https://touratech-usa.com/Store/Touratech-Waterproof-MOTO-Speed-Bags I've used them a lot and can certify that they never leaked in 4 hours of interstate riding in the rain. They're also fairly easy to get on and off the bike. They are also very easy to get into and then close again while on the road.

I also use this tailbag set from Kriega, I like the versatility to tailor the size to what I need to carry: https://kriega.us/uscombo-40 They also didn't leak in 4 hours of interstate-blasted rain. These can be a bit more futzy to open and close while traveling than the Touratech's, so I generally use them for things I won't need during the day's travels. But I do generally keep one cinched to my bike for the occasional errand run around town.

Both of these are inherently waterproof designs, no outer bags to forget to slip on or to leave behind.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you change your bike to z650 there are some options on revzilla, I don't see how it's not gonna work for the ninja but you can call the manufacturer to make sure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts