RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
West Coast Moderator
13,090 Posts
Not familiar with the 650 but there are a few basic things to check that are fairly simple. Battery, voltage, cable connections, clean terminals are a few. Then you can go onto neutral saftey switch, clutch switch, false neutral light, kill switch in the wrong position. I start with the easy stuff first then go into the more progressively involved.

Looking at the pictures, I would be looking into voltage and connections /dirty/loose terminals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not familiar with the 650 but there are a few basic things to check that are fairly simple. Battery, voltage, cable connections, clean terminals are a few. Then you can go onto neutral saftey switch, clutch switch, false neutral light, kill switch in the wrong position. I start with the easy stuff first then go into the more progressively involved.

Looking at the pictures, I would be looking into voltage and connections /dirty/loose terminals.
checked the kill switch, I was able to pop start it a couple times. When I hit the start button the dash flickers. That’s telling me it’s a bad battery and/or connection. I bought a battery charger and an extra battery, we’ll see if that’ll do the trick

·
American Legion Rider
35 Posts
When I hit the start button the dash flickers. That’s telling me it’s a bad battery and/or connection. I bought a battery charger and an extra battery, we’ll see if that’ll do the trick
You are on the right path but be sure to check both ends of the battery cables for corrosion and tightness. At the battery end sometimes the bolts can be one thread too long making it difficult to get really tight. The trick is to put a star washer on the bolt first. If you already have other accessories directly connected to the battery then that washer won't be needed. Like a battery maintainer cable. But be sure to check both ends of the cables. Especially the ground/earth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts