RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
No looking through the windscreen. I look over it unless it is in the highest position and I slouch.
Kipass was OK, but they didn't take it far enough. You have to use the key to get into the bags. I can leave my bags unlocked. You have to use the key to fuel up.
If you put the key fob in your jacket pocket and the stow the jacket on the bike, someone could ride away with it.
All fair points. I thought I remembered the Trophy screen being taller than that. Good, then. Yep, you ride with KIPASS; it doesn't ride with you. I still like it and keep King FOB in my britches, not my jacket. Not bothered by locking bags or tanks, but maybe I will after 30k miles? I'm very happy with the bike as is, but I'm a noob.

Hey y'all, Connie is old skool so deal with it.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
My FOB has been on a lanyard looped to the belt and then in the front pocket. I have the RF thing in a jacket pocket as I'm sure a bike thief would not know what to do with it.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I dont think the fob is an issue, problem, or anything...and thats its problem. If you need keys, then lets use keys.

I liked zgs paint projects. Hes had several. Its amazing, but I dont do custom paint when a bike needs a shock. I cant even imagine how good the bike would be with good suspension.

You guus have to do a reflash or secondairy throttle plate delete. With those out, bike is still a sewing machine. However, when you look down, you realize you sewed three of your fingers together.

Id love to see a dyno chart on a c14 with 10, 000 miles on it. It picks up significant power once broken in. Sad part is, you can ride 10k, on road, legal speeds, and it wont break in.

To break in, simply ride in a manner where the tank is empty in 30 minutes, or less.

If you cant do that, consider a dyno break in. It will be worth the 100.00 it costs.

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
My FOB has been on a lanyard looped to the belt and then in the front pocket. I have the RF thing in a jacket pocket as I'm sure a bike thief would not know what to do with it.
Unless it's me! :nono:

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I dont think the fob is an issue, problem, or anything...and thats its problem. If you need keys, then lets use keys.

I liked zgs paint projects. Hes had several. Its amazing, but I dont do custom paint when a bike needs a shock. I cant even imagine how good the bike would be with good suspension.

You guus have to do a reflash or secondairy throttle plate delete. With those out, bike is still a sewing machine. However, when you look down, you realize you sewed three of your fingers together.

Id love to see a dyno chart on a c14 with 10, 000 miles on it. It picks up significant power once broken in. Sad part is, you can ride 10k, on road, legal speeds, and it wont break in.

To break in, simply ride in a manner where the tank is empty in 30 minutes, or less.

If you cant do that, consider a dyno break in. It will be worth the 100.00 it costs.
Yes, I am with you on paint. If I had a good buddy that was a skilled painter, I might give it a try.

ZG already has full Ohlins on his ZGGTR. I think he ran out of things to do and started on the many sets of plastics.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I kept my passive fob on my key chain. If I had pants with pockets, the FOB went there. Otherwise, it went in a jacket pocket. The only nice feature about the FOB is when you put your gloves on and forget that you didn't put the key in the ignition. Don't have to worry about that with the KiPASS.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I swallowed mine. Other than needing a key for the gas cap and bags, it works the same as it did before swallowing.

Name one other motorcycle part you could swallow, and have it still work. I dont think you can. Spark plugs, tires or brake pads wont do it. This fob might be all that will qualify

Reactions: motocopter

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
I swallowed mine. Other than needing a key for the gas cap and bags, it works the same as it did before swallowing.

Name one other motorcycle part you could swallow, and have it still work. I dont think you can. Spark plugs, tires or brake pads wont do it. This fob might be all that will qualify
Valve stem caps.
Spare fuses.
Light bulbs if you're Uncle Fester.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Yes, but the valve cap and fuse needs to make its way back out before its useful. The lightbulb would hurt depending on how it stayed together.

I think a fob would work while it was inside of you? I've nto tried it, but the days not over yet.

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Yes it would work. How about surgical implant of FOB? FlOBotomy? Might be side effects like KiPassive aggressive behavior, though. Surely it could be made smaller by stripping the plastic casing and getting a better battery.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Yes, it would be silly to in plant it with a old battery.

It is a dumb system....or maybe halfway thought out is a better description

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
I like the vented windshield concept on the newer C14s.
2016 colors must have been picked by lottery and the boring folks won the draw.

Im at around 26K miles on mine. Lots of highways miles to get to the hard mountainous runs. Agree on suspension. Stock, I pitched into corners feeling like I was riding a hobby horse. About 3-4 hours in TN last year setting sag and other settings on rear and front found the bike a freaking dream on corner's that previously had my butt taking a huge bite out of the saddle. Still with the weight, I'm having to lean off the seat a bit to keep up with friends on the FJR and quite frankly it is a hell of a workout at times and I kinda like the challenge. Jumped on a friends N1K on the same road and brain almost went into a Kaniption. No comparison.

If I can make the N1K into a ST bike with comparable ergonomics I would in a heartbeat but I know that's not a reasonable venture.

Had a Bevel Drive gear going on the 14. Always heard it was bulletproof. If that's the case why are the 1400.00 and backordered from Kaw? On Ebay they go like hotcakes. hmm.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts