RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone? Just got on the forum here. I'm new to Kawi's! Just came from a '13 CBR 500R to my '15 Ninja 650. Picked it up back in December, and immediately shipped it out to Honolulu, HI. My new home!

I'm looking to give my 650 a more aggressive riding position. As low of a bar position as possible. I've done some searching, but most of my finding seem to be for older gen 650's.

Can put clip ons on my '15 650 or will there be clearance issues, and if so how can I fix that? Or will sport/low bars be a better option?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've seen the sport bars and clip-on options. I know NBX makes clip-on systems for our bike all the way back to '06ish that may be exactly what you're looking for(amazon). I've used the "sport bars" in the past and liked those as well, but I'm not sure if they are available for your year. I'm a renthal bar fan myself, and run their streetfighter bar (I've got an ER-6N though).

·
Registered
396 Posts
I recently tried a drag bar on my er6 and it was really good. 20 bucks on eBay you cant go wrong trying one out.

·
Super Moderator
2,481 Posts
The Kawasaki Shop sells or used to sell sport bars for the 2015 model. They give a nice, sprty riding position. I fitted them for a while but found the standard bars better for the mainly city traffic riding that I do. If you weren't so far aways I would givw them to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Kawasaki Shop sells or used to sell sport bars for the 2015 model. They give a nice, sprty riding position. I fitted them for a while but found the standard bars better for the mainly city traffic riding that I do. If you weren't so far aways I would givw them to you.
Hey man, thats so nice of you! I mean if you still have them, I would pay for shipping and all... PM me if you're willing. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Debating myself between the sport bars, renthal road ultra low, or lsl superbike low
Need to get lower, but not sure if sport bars are too low.

The 17 bars are a step in the right direction from sitting on one recently
Any tips, thoughts, advise??

·
Registered
396 Posts
Like I said. A drag bar is 20 dollars on eBay. You’ll know whether you like it, whether it needs spacing up or down etc. Once you’re comfy buy a higher quality piece from rental, LSL etc.

·
Super Moderator
2,481 Posts
Hey man, thats so nice of you! I mean if you still have them, I would pay for shipping and all... PM me if you're willing. :)
Shipping would be around $70US according to the Philpost website. Philpost is unreliable and VERY slow. You might be better off trying some of the other suggestions made here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts