RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping you guys can help me out
Im looking to upgrade my stock exhaust to something with a little bit more roar. Although, i cant find many options for my 2014 650r. Anyone have some good options? A slip on would be prime, and hoping to not spend a ton. I appreciate the feedback.

·
Super Moderator
2,436 Posts
From 2012 the Ninja 650 has a full system. If you want a slip on then you have to use a pre 2012 header and then use a slip on. I bought a 14" SS Delkevic system for my 2015 650 - best value for money IMO.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Actually the only issue in adding a slip on to the 12-17 is the fact that it is a one piece system. It can be cut and welded on to add any of a number of slip ons. Not a big deal to anyone that has done any fabrication work in their life..or if they know a good welder/shop.

·
Super Moderator
2,436 Posts
True, but possibly it would be easier to simply buy a pre-2012 header for a few bucks online or from a salvage yard and buy any number of mufflers to fit..certainly saves a lot of farkin around and you know that the header is the correct length, shape and fit for the muffler/s, and takes about 15 minutes to fit, then add the slip-on - 30 minute job all up. Plus - you still have your complete original system when it comes to resale - not a hacked up system only good for junk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts