RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 2014 bike that I'm very interested in, but I'm having a hard time in finding a good comparison of the differences between one that age vs a newer 2021 model that I also like. Of course, it's more economical :) It also has ABS, which is something I was looking for. Anything I'd miss in getting a 2014? Thanks!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Pretty sure the 14s came with ABS so if you want to save a heap of cash do that. The styling of the new ones is newer but apart from those things and a minor increase in economy and frame style the 650s are largely the same bike since 2006

·
Registered
60 Posts
There have been to "refreshes" since 2014. They are mostly cosmetic. As Auser stated above, they really haven't changed significantly since 2006. Enjoy which ever one you choose!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found a 2014 bike that I'm very interested in, but I'm having a hard time in finding a good comparison of the differences between one that age vs a newer 2021 model that I also like. Of course, it's more economical :) It also has ABS, which is something I was looking for. Anything I'd miss in getting a 2014? Thanks!
you didn’t necessarily mention mileage?? However I bought a 2016 ninja 650 abs with 19k miles on it at $5k in 2020. The bike is good 2 me. It has a moderate amount of power( lowest in class I think) but a good amount of torque(wheelies) so be careful if u pop the clutch 2 fast. It’s not as powerful as supersport 636 or that class but maintenance is relatively easy and it’s reliable if the previous owner took care of it. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts