RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested in changing out my stock exhaust. I see with the new exhaust system it doesn't seem I can get just a slip on?? Was looking for anyone that knew of any earlier model 650 exhaust that would work on my bike. Any ideas or advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Buy Gen. 2 headers, then buy the slip on of your choice. Keep in mind there are reports of people doing this with Yoshi's with a slight but correctable fitment problems. A quick search will show you which ones have been tried already.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just out of curiosity, buying a Gen 2 header and a slipon vs. buying a full system for the 2012+ models, what would be the price diff?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
When I was looking the price difference for a slip on/ used headers vs a full system was minimal, so I opted for a 2 brothers full system. Some people have had better luck and were able to source cheap headers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought an 07 stock header for $60 shipped on ebay, an elbow adapter for that gen header-to-slipon, and bought a used M4 slip-on. some clamps and I got it all on easily.....I chose the m4 after watching a LOT of 650r exhaust videos on the different brands...I love the TONE, but it's too loud, I did it just last week....going to try installing a baffle insert into the collector of the header to see if I can quiet it down some.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts