RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove the tail but not sure about mounting the tail light and license plate. Any tips or links to products?
(Couldn't find a thread any links to a thread would be appreciated)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey there,

Are you talking about a fender eliminator? Among all the options, the one I liked the most was the MotoDynamic fender eliminator. Mostly because of the high quality build and because it's compatible with both original and aftermarket turn signals. It's what I installed on my Ninja 650, if you wanna see how it looks.

As far as installation goes, it's pretty easy considering that it plugs right into the stock electrical connectors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there,

Are you talking about a fender eliminator? Among all the options, the one I liked the most was the MotoDynamic fender eliminator. Mostly because of the high quality build and because it's compatible with both original and aftermarket turn signals. It's what I installed on my Ninja 650, if you wanna see how it looks.

As far as installation goes, it's pretty easy considering that it plugs right into the stock electrical connectors.
Tis is my first street legal bike so I'm sorry if I don't have the correct terminology. But I've seen Street fighter builds with the tail "chopped off". As in it just ends at the back of the seat. (no passenger seat). I've always liked the look. I'll see if I can find a couple pics to relate

·
Registered
285 Posts
Tis is my first street legal bike so I'm sorry if I don't have the correct terminology. But I've seen Street fighter builds with the tail "chopped off". As in it just ends at the back of the seat. (no passenger seat). I've always liked the look.
Ohh, that's a whole different topic! To be honest, personally I'd put that in the category of "if you have to ask how to do it, it's probably not for you". That would require a custom seat and cutting off the rear end of the chassis. Perfectly doable, but far from a bolt on kit. I'd personally reserve that type of project for a crashed bike or some similar situation. If you've got the time and skills, by all means, go for it. But if not I'd definitely wait a while and enjoy the bike first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tis is my first street legal bike so I'm sorry if I don't have the correct terminology. But I've seen Street fighter builds with the tail "chopped off". As in it just ends at the back of the seat. (no passenger seat). I've always liked the look.
Ohh, that's a whole different topic! To be honest, personally I'd put that in the category of "if you have to ask how to do it, it's probably not for you". That would require a custom seat and cutting off the rear end of the chassis. Perfectly doable, but far from a bolt on kit. I'd personally reserve that type of project for a crashed bike or some similar situation. If you've got the time and skills, by all means, go for it. But if not I'd definitely wait a while and enjoy the bike first.
Yes I understand that. And it's obviously not just bolt on. No offense. Which is why I'm asking for links.

·
Registered
297 Posts
There is a whole street fighter dedicated forum out there if you want more specifics. But on these bikes you are going to have to relocate the wiring and the ecm as its located in the tail. There probably isn't too many people who have gone to those lengths here in this forum. You basically just need to take the leap and start pulling it all apart and create a game plan for where you want to make your cuts to shorten the sub frame. I don't know what your background in fabrication is but I see a lot of bad fabrication and it hurts my soul to see someone take a good bike and just hack it up. If I could be honest, it's you first bike why not enjoy riding it and getting to know the thing before you spend a bunch of time with it just sitting cause of it being apart. Winter will be here soon though and it's the perfect time to get the mods done. Also what year bike do you have and what condition is it in. I have bought 2 first gen ninja 650s and they were really rough so I didn't have any qualms modding or ripping the plastics off of them since they were in such bad shape to begin with.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Yes I understand that. And it's obviously not just bolt on. No offense. Which is why I'm asking for links.
Before you go chopping off stuff, make sure your hacked bike will pass registration requirements - otherwise you will have a nice, abstract street fighter sitting in your garage to entertain your friends before they go for a ride on their street legal machines, leaving you to pick your nose and play games on your cell phone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts