RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. :)

I was looking forward to buying a 2013 650r with ABS, but disappointed when I visited the Kawasaki website to find it say the ABS will be available in one color, Black. And the non-ABS version in 2 colors, White and Blue.

But that is wrong.

I can confirm 100% the 2013 ABS version is available in Blue. And they are hitting the showroom already. Right now. I just left a dealer which had finished unpacking a Blue ABS. Saw it with my own eyes, and sat on it with my own cheeks.

I can confirm 99% the ABS version will also be available in White. The same dealer has one coming in. Since I haven't actually seen the White one, I say 99%. He says he's sure though.

Green is definitely gone, which is sad, but at least there are choices besides Black for the ABS, which is good news.

The Blue is beautiful. And it's really a two-tone, part Blue and part Black. I almost purchased it on the spot, but I was confused because when I went in I was expecting Black only. So now I want to see White before deciding.

Anyway, the point is we do have choices in the ABS version besides only Black.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Im wandering if the ABS system on the 2013 is able to bolted up to and made to work for the 2012. Anyone know if there is any difference or how it can be made to work?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
The website only shows black but if you look under the specs you'll see "Pearl Stardust White, Candy Thunder Blue, Metallic Flat Spark Black."

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm curious as to what Gunner mentioned. I'd really like to know if an aftermarket kit will be made avaliable for the 2012 models. If they do, I'd buy it. I'll have to watch that.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I would be highly doubtful it would be easy to retro-fit the ABS onto the bikes. by the time you went through the time/trouble/cost you'd be more than halfway paid off on a 13. I don't know on that bike if it runs through the ECU or not, that would be the killer. Wiring harness, Brake Rotors, master cylinder, etc would add up quick.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would be highly doubtful it would be easy to retro-fit the ABS onto the bikes. by the time you went through the time/trouble/cost you'd be more than halfway paid off on a 13. I don't know on that bike if it runs through the ECU or not, that would be the killer. Wiring harness, Brake Rotors, master cylinder, etc would add up quick.
I can't speak for the 2013, but the ABS on the 09-12 euro bikes did not run throughthe ECU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts