RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SATO RACING has officially released their rearsets for the Ninja 650 2012 model.

These things are going to be sweet! Lots of adjustment, Deep-Knurled footpegs, AND optional passenger rearsets for those who still wish to keep their pillion available!

I can't WAIT to see these things in person!

Available for order starting NOW!! What are you waiting for!?!
Ninja650shop.com - 2012 Ninja 650 - Rearsets

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got to agree, that price is mad. BUT, if someone does buy them and wants to sell me their OEM set, I'd be glad to buy it

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SATO rearsets have always been a little on the pricey side. They are EXTREMELY blingy with a great build quality, but it comes at a price.

We are currently doing some R&D with our Machinist on 2012 rearsets. More info will come about when we know more. :) should come up a little more affordable (although not as blingtastic as the SATO's.)

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Those are sexy as hell but forget that price. I'd maybe consider 500 for a green set though lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm even later to the game! I'm sure in early/mid 2013 there will be more people producing them. The newer (2012 on) bike hasn't sold particularly well here in the UK as dealers still had the 2011 bikes until April and I think it may be the same in most of Europe. I think with the original bike in 06, it helped that in France they were used for a national race series so aftermarket manufacturers could see the potential.

·
Banned
786 Posts
Wow thats pretty insane. And those pegs don't even look that good. Yet another reason 2nd gen is better than 3rd gen. Tonybkk has a set of adjustable rearsets and passenger pegs for $300 TOTAL.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that's Sato for you. I've seen Sato rearsets for 1200.00. they are really good quality, but are basically what is out right now. That brand has always had a premium price, no different on this model.

Another option is coming sooner than you think ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds like someone mayhave have made some headway w/ the machinist this winter. Very interested so see what y'all came up with, since riding season is coming up for the mid-west.

·
Banned
284 Posts
I'm late to the game, but $650 dollars, really? The best part though is the fact that it's another $300 to get a passenger peg. For only 1/6 the the price of a late model Ninja, you too can have something to put your feet on.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Rearsets for the 2012 on Ninja650/ER-6's are starting to surface in Europe now mainly due to the rules of racing them in the Lightweight category of the Isle of Man TT and other international raod races. Long story short, the oldest bike that can used is 3 or 4 years old so teams are having to develop the newer bike now.

There are images of Lightech and Gilles products around on the net if you search for them. Gilles appear to offer them in natural silver and in black plus there seems to be a passenger footrest option too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.