RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've purchased a salvaged 2012 ER6f (with only fairing damages), I'm thinking to convert it to ER6n with minimum cost, I know the main parts that I should get for that project (Fairing, Headlight, Front Signals, Mirrors, Mirrors' base, Coolant Reserve Tank).

I have gone through some posts in this forum and found some hidden parts that should be there for my project such as:
  • RH & LH lower brackets (pn# 11056-0921 & 11056-0922) for mounting lower fairing (POST).
  • Four extra mounting tabs should be there on the ER6f frame for mounting side fairing (POST).
I have the following question and thank you for your inputs (in advance):
  1. What is the part # for the Coolant Reserve Tank for the ER6n?
  2. What is the part # for brackets to mount the Headlights?
  3. How can I mount ER6f's speedometer (to save money)?
  4. Do Front Signals need mounting brackets or they mount on Headlights?
  5. Did I miss anything?
Your inputs will help me and others.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
I recommend you find the parts fiche on one of Kawasaki's websites. Preferably the one for the country you are located in if that country had the ER6N for 2012.

Another suggestion would be to see if you can download the service manual for both bikes. Then you can find the differences also.

Another option would be to go streetfighter and come up with your own theme.

Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recommend you find the parts fiche on one of Kawasaki's websites. Preferably the one for the country you are located in if that country had the ER6N for 2012.

Another suggestion would be to see if you can download the service manual for both bikes. Then you can find the differences also.

Another option would be to go streetfighter and come up with your own theme.

Good luck with your project.
Thanks for your suggestions, I have ordered some parts for my project, and will be posting the progress, for the time being I would like to share attached before photo:

IMG_5701.jpg
IMG_5138-min.JPG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Personally i hate the look of Kawaii Er6n headlight and cowling.

Im in the process of custom mounting z800 headlight, which is more aggressive and lower. (i swapped my handle bar with clipons and shorten the clutch cable and brakelines.)

It require two chain link spacers but other then that, it looks sleek and almost like a z800.

Currently cost ~$150 USD for all parts and ~$100 for tools i didn't have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bike looks great!
Trying to do this on mine after a crash. What did you do about the top fairing mounts and the coolant overflow mounting point?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts