RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here. Please delete this if it's not appropriate or if you could please redirect me. I have tried searching but no luck.

I have a 2010 er6n that's blown up the engine and have come across a 2012 engine locally with low mileage. Would it be a straight bolt in, plug and play? The guy I'm buying off reckons it will but would like another confirmation first.

Thank you guys

·
Registered
354 Posts
dont know for sure
The 12 had different exhaust and so youd need to take that as well.
Fairly certain the euro emissions changed between 10 and 12 and so ecu and associated wiring might be different (might be)
If you could take the whole bike ......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I wish. But the whole bikes not an option as old mate bought engine for a project but changed plans.

So the 2010 exhaust wouldn't bolt up to the 2012 engine...

·
Registered
354 Posts
You’ll need to make some sleeves to up the diameter to do it. That’s not the hard part. The engine management will likely be different. Can you get the loom ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can possibly get the loom but can't get the ECU.

Would the old look work?

·
Registered
354 Posts
unless you were able to try there’s no way to be absolutely sure. comparing the two wiring diagrams would be a start. My 2010 doesn’t have an o2 sensor but I believe the 12s do..

·
Registered
473 Posts
Lucetau,

It will not fit. Incompatible.
Two different generations. Sorry.

I'm new here. Please delete this if it's not appropriate or if you could please redirect me. I have tried searching but no luck.

I have a 2010 er6n that's blown up the engine and have come across a 2012 engine locally with low mileage. Would it be a straight bolt in, plug and play? The guy I'm buying off reckons it will but would like another confirmation first.

Thank you guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts