RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The time has come to change the filter on my 2015 650, but I'm not sure what kind to get. I looked around on here but couldn't find anyone talking about air filters for these year's bike (my apologies if that thread is out there).

What air filters are y'all using? OEM, K&N, BMC?

I was thinking of getting the K&N since it's only 20 bucks more than the OEM and can be re-used. The manual of course says only to use a Kawi OEM filter less I experience premature engine wear. Any truth to that claim? Some quick googling I see people complaining that it will hurt this or that, but I never know what of that is true or hype.

What has been everyone's experience with K&N on the 2012-16 bikes? I also see a lot of people talking about remapping with the K&N filters. Is that necessary? My bike right now is completely stock.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would just use a regular filter for our humble machines. No need to use an oiled filter, no real gain for risk of getting oil on intake sensors.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Buy the K&N or a DNA reusable filter. Also buy the maintenance kit for washing and re-lubing the filter. Will last the life of the bike - and ignore the comment about 'getting oil on intake sensors' - NEVER heard of that happening with air filter oil and K&N/DNA sell many thousands of air filters for all kinds of bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts