·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Too much plastic, the mighty Z should remain a naked in my opinion.
from what i understand the Z is still available... this is like the 650R to the ER-6n

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't think of this as a Z with a fairing. Think of it as a ninja 650 with a bigger engine and better suspension.
i may be trading up :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
That is sexy, oh baby!! Wow. I gotta see one of these. Mondays to do list - talk to insurance agent.

I will figure out how to pay for it later.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
So when compared to a ZX-10R, this bike differs how? Other than the rider friendly ergo's this bike seems to offer.
I was just thinking why not just stick some higher bars on a ZX10?

But then I guess you could argue why not just stick some higher bars on a ZX-6R instead of making the 650R... although that comparison is a little different since the engines are completely different.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I was just thinking why not just stick some higher bars on a ZX10?

But then I guess you could argue why not just stick some higher bars on a ZX-6R instead of making the 650R... although that comparison is a little different since the engines are completely different.
I think the difference will be the engine tune - like the regular Z1000 the Z1000s will not rev as high and will make most of its power in the midrange - the ZX-10r makes most of its power at a very high rpm, which is apparently good for racetrack but not so good for street..

The ZX-10r will also have a much more sophisticated suspension and all the electronic goodies like traction control and such...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, it's officially coming to the states as the Ninja 1000. Comes in black or a red/black combo. No ABS option. Hard luggage (givi) and heated grips will be a factory accessory option. MSRP is $10,999.

I predict one of these ends up in my garage in the next 5 months.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does anybody else wish they'd keep the non-US nomenclature? What next, call the Concourse the Ninja 1400?

Having Ninja = Fairing is just lame, and I'm a Ninja 650R owner saying that!

An no ABS in the US, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts