RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else notice the new Kawi Ninja 1000 and also the lack of the Ninja 500 for Kawi's 2011 lineup?

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
Not me...

I hadn't seen or heard of the Ninja 1000 until your post jsmith6. Looks rather interesting. I like the seating position (as much as you can from a description and a photo). I like the idea of a 5 gallon fuel tank. The 5.7 on the ZR-7 has me spoiled.

I had been following the Z750R from "across the pond" and liked it. I had hoped it might make it to the states.

I don't know if I need a "Liter Bike".... and I am positive I don't have a spare $11K laying around at the moment. But, I think it is a nice offering.... It may have eclipsed the Bandit 1250S on my short list of bikes to consider if buying today. For the record the Yamaha FZ-8 is currently on that short list as well.

Thanks for the heads up!!! :alcy:

·
Registered
519 Posts
I noticed... actually I got to ride it last week at Biketoberfest and wrote a little about in the Biketoberfest thread. It is a very nice bike, supposedly only 40 pounds heavier than the Z. They are making hard bags and a top case for it. It will be the sportiest sport/tourer out there.

Gump, the FZ8 was there also but only for display. A very nice looking bike but I did note the suspension is budget and unadjustable. I think the MSRP was $8500.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I noticed... actually I got to ride it last week at Biketoberfest and wrote a little about in the Biketoberfest thread. It is a very nice bike, supposedly only 40 pounds heavier than the Z. They are making hard bags and a top case for it. It will be the sportiest sport/tourer out there.

Gump, the FZ8 was there also but only for display. A very nice looking bike but I did note the suspension is budget and unadjustable. I think the MSRP was $8500.
The same GIVI bags I have on my Ninja 650R will work on the new 1000. Of course the frames will be different. I would only consider it if it was physically larger and more comfortable. I don't need any more power.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
The same GIVI bags I have on my Ninja 650R will work on the new 1000. Of course the frames will be different. I would only consider it if it was physically larger and more comfortable. I don't need any more power.
Of course you don't NEED more power... but once you have it, it's hard to go back! Also, you guys need to peek in the Z1000 forum... we've been talking about the Ninja 1000 for weeks... I've already photoshopped orange paint on it and Z1000 wheels... :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Of course you don't NEED more power... but once you have it, it's hard to go back! Also, you guys need to peek in the Z1000 forum... we've been talking about the Ninja 1000 for weeks... I've already photoshopped orange paint on it and Z1000 wheels... :D
What we need is a separate area for the Ninja 1000

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I am sure it will be created as soon as the first ones hit the street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts