RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Just bought a 2010 kawasaki z750 and need help badly. I bought it with the handlebar being slightly off. the seller said the handle bar was bent. After i put the new bar in the tire points slightly to the left with the handlebar straight. The handle bar also turn more to the right with the fork tube touching the radiator on full lock. full lock to the left hits the lock stops though.

Do you think the frame is bent? Bike rides straight with handle bar slightly off to the right even at low speeds.

I was going to purchase an entire shock and triple set since a local biker expert who looked at it told me it is most likely the lower triple. but the cheapest i could find is over 800 USD and used. So my other option is to use a 07/08 z1000 fork with upper and lower triple and axle for about 299 USD. I compared part number with my bike on kawasaki's web site with z1000 and the axle matches up etc. I know i can use 636 shocks but most of them for sale need repairs and i cant use 636 triple and i am not sure which year would fit my 2010 z750.

1st Question - will the bottom yoke/triple on the z1000 work ok with z750. will the fork stops hit at the right position etc.

2nd Question - will i be able to remove the bottom part of the fork that attaches to the axle and fit my axle part to it. Reason is my caliper's mounting position is different to the z1000.

3rd Question - If 2nd Question is not possible, can is use 636 calipers on z1000 forks. The z1000 calipers are way too expensive. what other calipers can i use?

Any suggestion or opinions are welcome. I need help desperately.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Before you go buying parts I *might* have a simple solution.
As you know, the forks are held to the frame with the upper and lower triple trees. These are tightened to hold the forks in place.
In the event of an accident/drop etc the bars can be moved and force the forks and one of the triple trees to move. While still tight, they are now out of alignment.
If the front end was tweaked it may be as simple as loosening the upper and lower triple tree bolts holding the forks in place and letting them realign removing the twist. Just make sure you have the bike supported and the forks supported. You don't want the forks sliding out (if the front tire is off the ground) and damaging brake lines etc, nor do you want the bikes weight to cause the forks to pop upwards (if the bike is not supported.)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Old thread now but this is common if a bike had the bars bent in a drop and may or may not be a big deal: With the wheel between your legs/feet and fork clamps loose, you can stand in front of the bike facing it and twist on the bars while holding the wheel steady then sit on the bike and see if it's better, or with you on it tweaking the bars and a friend helping to hold the wheel in place works too. They may not just magically spring back into place without a little persuasion just do it gradually you shouldn't have twist to hard. hopefully the forks are still straight if it hit something. And you could tweak the lower handlebar clamp stud where it goes though the triple so it isn't exactly straight, that just about covers all possibilities I can think of.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You also don't want the fork clamps so loose that the forks slide to easily while doing this the bike (especially when sitting on it) could drop down on the forks until they hit the bars , don't ask how I know this ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts