RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the 2010 has extra color fairings on the lower part of the front that looks sweet. It looks like the same setup just it's black on the 2009. Can those lower fairings be purchased for a 2010 and put on a 2009?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Yes but only in the colours available on the 2010. Depending on where (what country) you buy them you might have different colour options.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I noticed that the 2010 has extra color fairings on the lower part of the front that looks sweet. It looks like the same setup just it's black on the 2009. Can those lower fairings be purchased for a 2010 and put on a 2009?
why would you wast that amount of $$$$ and not just get your lowers painted to match :thinkerg:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Different material isn't it, would looke funny? Guess I haven't looked close enough, and if it's that expensive screw it :). Anyone know where one could find out? I have red, so I'm sure they have it in 2010.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Different material isn't it, would looke funny? Guess I haven't looked close enough, and if it's that expensive screw it :)
Same plastics, your upper plastics have E-coate/base/clear (e-coat is essentially factory primer) and the lowers are actually painted with semi flat black single stage paint. All you need to do is prep the lowers, prime, wet sand, then paint/clear.

If you know nothing about painting, take it to a local paint shop :righton:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i know nothing, I like the 2010 paint on the lower part, I might go see how much something like that would cost one of these days. Thanks for the reply's!

·
Registered
177 Posts
yeah i know nothing, I like the 2010 paint on the lower part, I might go see how much something like that would cost one of these days. Thanks for the reply's!
I kinda like having the black lowers. Dirt, chips and paint scratches are less noticeable.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah thats true! I like it, just saw the lowers on another red one and thought it looked kinda cool, but the more I think about it, I'll use the money on other upgrades that do more for me :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts