RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets start with the stock 170/50/17

Followed the Kawasaki manual directions on tire removal. (2 jacks for extra stability-lol)

Lowered the tire pressure to 20psi to install.
Greased the seal.
Installed the 200/50/17. Inflate to 36psi. Done.

It took me about 40 minutes that included a trip to the tire shop.
I will give my thoughts about handling/performance tomorrow after I ride it for a while.
But I love the look.

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
Looks good, What tire is that? I also tried the 200 tire as well a while ago and did not like the look. The tire was rolled over on the sides way to much and looked goofy. It may have been the make of tire though. I used a shinko.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Can you take a close side shot where the tire meets the wheel?

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
was looking at the avon cobra's today. they have a 200x55x17. this tire has more side wall and I think with more side wall the tire should look great and the tread may not roll over as much as the 200x50x17.
any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
hate to be a pain, but could you take one more pic from an angle as to where we could see how much roll over the tire has?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Wow that looks great.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I had a 200 on, switched to a 180 and much prefer the handling.

Jon

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
was looking at the avon cobra's today. they have a 200x55x17. this tire has more side wall and I think with more side wall the tire should look great and the tread may not roll over as much as the 200x50x17.
any thoughts on this?
I'm on my second set of them.
Corrects speedo error to about 3-4% over instead of 10%.
(Also lowers the odo miles)

Works like a charm! :D

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
I'm on my second set of them.
Corrects speedo error to about 3-4% over instead of 10%.
(Also lowers the odo miles)

Works like a charm! :D
Rubbe,
how is the tread roll over. Does it work like i think it might? Yes my speedo is about 4 mph over with the 180x50.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Rubbe,
how is the tread roll over.
What does that mean?
(I'm foreign you know, and not familiar with all expressions in every context... ) :D

Do you mean that the chicken stripes are thicker/wider on the 200/55? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
What does that mean?
(I'm foreign you know, and not familiar with all expressions in every context... ) :D

Do you mean that the chicken stripes are thicker/wider on the 200/55? :rolleyes:
Sorry, i'm not the best at explaining things. I had a 200x50x17 shinko and the tread rolled over at a very sharp angle on the sides from the wheel not being wide enough, but I think with the taller side wall on the 200x55x17 the sidewall may flex more and not have that effect.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Sorry, i'm not the best at explaining things. I had a 200x50x17 shinko and the tread rolled over at a very sharp angle on the sides from the wheel not being wide enough, but I think with the taller side wall on the 200x55x17 the sidewall may flex more and not have that effect.
I got a cruiser ya know, so all sides are wide enough for me. :rolleyes:

But seriously though, I would believe that the 55's will suite you better if you've had that kind of problem.
Me, I have never even thought about it and also have nothing to really compare with.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
same here. can you post a good pic of the rear tire on your's Rubbe?
Thanks
If you want a¨better close up I'll have to take new pics... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
looks good, can you take some other angles, maybe from the back and better from the corner?
I'll see what I can do during the day.
Me and some fellow Vulcans are going to this event for children with cancer, we're gonna drive them around on our bikes. :smokin:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts