RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just bought sport bars for my 2009 ninja 650r as the bike had bent bars. The online individual sold me the sport bars but they are missing the (4) clamp bolts. Can someone PLEASE help me purchase these (4) bolts or know what size I need so I can install it. Greatly would appreciate it.
Automotive exterior Bicycle part Bumper Auto part Nickel
Automotive tire Asphalt Bicycle part Auto part Automotive wheel system

·
Administrator
2,684 Posts
Hello,
I just bought sport bars for my 2009 ninja 650r as the bike had bent bars. The online individual sold me the sport bars but they are missing the (4) clamp bolts. Can someone PLEASE help me purchase these (4) bolts or know what size I need so I can install it. Greatly would appreciate it.
Hi, welcome onboard. From memory they are an 8mm Allen Head bolt. I notice in the pic that you don't have the mounting block, which means that the bars will sit pretty low on the triple tree.

Also, to install them you will need to flip the brake banjo bolt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ozninjaguy
Thank you for your help. I have been trying to get in contact with ninja650shop.com but seems like website is still down. Do they have a phone number or anything? I would like to buy the items I may be missing. I guess I could just buy a regular 7/8 bar but would need to drill holes I believe

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yeah pretty sure they are 8mm like @Ozninjaguy said you’ll also need a length though… may be some trial and error but they shouldn’t be too expensive
Only thing I can recommend is to get quality stainless items ;)

·
Administrator
2,684 Posts
On second thought don’t they mount to the standard risers ? If so the stock bolts would work??
Probably right since he doesn't have the mounting block - stock bolts should fit. (y)

·
Administrator
2,684 Posts
Ozninjaguy
Thank you for your help. I have been trying to get in contact with ninja650shop.com but seems like website is still down.
I believe that the store has been closed for a long time now. There are some alternative bars on Ebay which are around $150US.

One of the members here fitted Renthal bars to his bike which he was fairly pleased with. I don't know about drilling.

I actually took off the Sport Bars after a few months and put the standard bars back on - much easier on the wrists and, for me, made the bike more maneuverable in traffic.

This might work if you still want to use the Sport Bars - it a riser like the one missing from your bars.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Also, A flat drag bar achieves the same thing as sports bars. A cheap flat bar is $20 on ebay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts