RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 ER6n performance ???’s

I have an ‘09 and I’m trying to get the most speed out of it as possible without going too stupid crazy lol. I dropped my rear sprocket from a 45 to 42 and now I’m wondering what else I should do. Any pointers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
My opinion? It isn't worth it. If all the bike really has is a sprocket change (which I wouldn't call a performance upgrade per se), then sure, add a "performance" filter, a full exhaust and a fuel controller. With that you'll probably have spent more than half of what the bike's worth, and if all's good you might get an improvement of maybe 10% if you're lucky. It'll be a lot more noticeable in sound than in speed, but it's non negligible.

Or you could spend roughly the same amount, sell your bike, and get an older model ZX-10r with a definite performance profile upgrade. It really depends on whether you want a small power upgrade, a large power upgrade, if it's for lols or whatever else. But if you're unsatisfied with performance, a few bolt-on parts are unlikely to change that on these bikes.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I have an ‘09 and I’m trying to get the most speed out of it as possible without going too stupid crazy lol. I dropped my rear sprocket from a 45 to 42 and now I’m wondering what else I should do. Any pointers?]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 - almost 10 years old. Save money - buy a different bike if you want more performance.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm not sure why you would drop the rear sprocket. the bike really has no more top end with stock gearing as it is. On my 07 I hit 140mph indicated on the dash so probably around 125-130mph and it wouldn't go anymore I wasn't even at the top of 6th. Dropping the rear would be better if you're doing a lot of highway and want the best mpg possible but I bet a stock 650 could outrun you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As others stated, you won’t get much more speed unless you’re willing to get into the engine and change throttle body size and a different camshaft.

One thing you can try is to reduce the weight. Lose the rear seat for a cowl, lose the passenger rearsets, lighter wheels and an aluminum subframe are the typical stuff.

Funny how so many change the exhaust for a 3-4 hp gain. You think Kawasaki doesn’t have the R&D to get the most out of their OEM exhaust? They do...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts