RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
So a little update from 2020. Due to occasional detonation, I put a new head on the bike that was not decked as much thereby lowering the compression. Altered the cam timing for more mid range torque and less top end and dropped down to around 87hp on VP MGP fuel. I’m sure it would be up around 90 with U4 or MR12 but it actually wheelies a little easier now with the focus in mid range. All engine and dyno work by Robem Engineering! Highly recommended.

I also had more of the subframe chopped off and Freddie from Robem Engineering made a masterpiece AL subframe. Added an under slung rear caliper setup from Ryan Farquhar, and a machined rear rotor. Finally had the whole frame powder coated black. The bike weighs right at 350lb without fuel. Did a few MotoAmerica races on it this year and it’s going well.

Photo credit Chris Geiss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AusEr6guy

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Raced at the Indy Brickyard this past weekend. The track is awesome and I will definitely try and race there any chance I can. A very long front straight and if you catch the draft right, you can hit a decent top speed before turn 1. In the race, I hit 143.6mph so not too shabby!

Overall, this Kawi was fast!!!

Reactions: Ozninjaguy
61 - 62 of 62 Posts